I don’t know if I made a mistake, Kem, but in case I did not:
I am about to move a project that once ran with Kaju (it stopped a while ago and I did not find out why) to version 2 (from the 2.0 release). In this case the data will be hosted on an ownCloud which is password protected.
I initially put username and password into the properties of Kaju.HTTPSSocket. Tracing the debug build, I found these properties are unknown when the authenticationRequired method runs.
So I updated UpdateChecker.Execute to receive name and password as optional parameters and use Addhandler to tweak redirector’s and http’s AuthenticationRequired events to a method of UpdateChecker that basically does what the Socket method does not do. Looks much better now; I finally receive the json data again.