Kaju self-updater talk (v.2.x)

Dropbox has changed its APIs and how things interact with it. I am not saying that it is the issue but in the last 30 days, I have run into more issues when things are hosted off of Dropbox.

Ok, I have now solved the issue.

There were two issues, one in Kaju and one in Dropbox.

The Kaju issue was the way in which the code set the connection type. I have now fixed that. The Dropbox issue was that whatever link I used it just failed in the App. I fixed that by uploading the software and UpdateInformation.html files to my website and placed the correct URLs in the files.

Simon.

I just updated the develop branch of the project to set the KajuUpdateWindow.hsSocket.ConnectionType to SSLv23. Before I merge that into the general project, I’d like to know if anyone has an issue with that setting. If so, I might have to expose it so it can be set before checking for updates.

Hi, I’m new with Kaju so I have download it and start the test app. After click on “check” I got an Xojo.Core.IndividualArgumentException. Message is: SSLv3 is no longer supported. What’s wrong. Have I forget to configure something? Thanks for your help.

Carsten, lies doch mal die Posts BER deinem Post

Hello Kem,

I just opened an old project, updated the Kaju classes and all the details in the code, build the new admin app, generated the file , updated the server and on update i get [quote]The RSA signature of the update packet cannot be verified.[/quote] Any idea why ?

I copied all properly like i used to do until now but i get this now.

Build OS MacOS Sierra 10.12.6

Target platforms Windows and MAC, both versions give same error .

Thanks

Do you mean you created a new admin file, or used the existing one to generate a new update file? Are you sure the public key in your app matches the one from the admin file?

Hi Kem,

I guess it`s ok now, just pulled the latest updates from git , replaced the files and it worked so i guess some fixes from your side

Thanks.

Well now based on the last update it seems that something happens with the folder , the folder color turns Green, and when i generate the shortcut it does not show the logo anymore , even if i create the shortcut manually it will still not show the icon properly . Is there anything that can be done ?

Thanks

That doesn’t sound like a Kaju issue, but I could be wrong. In any event, no, I don’t have a suggestion.

Hey guys,

Kem told me to put all issues in here, so here goes.

I’ve had this reported to me and just saw it myself that Kaju is running and getting the notification of the update just fine. It then seems to download it but then after the option to Quit and Install, it does nothing. I’m not sure what I am doing wrong, but it appears that the update never gets applied. I’ve seen this in OS X. Not sure about Windows right now. I am pretty sure Windows is working.

Anything of use in the system log?

Oh, did you put in code setting the updater property to nil in App.Close?

Was I supposed to? I read that you put Kaju.CancelUpdate in any spot where you would return True in the cancel close events.

And what would I look at in the system logs? The only thing I see is from the Kaju Admin app.

If you check the README, you’ll see the recommendation.

https://github.com/ktekinay/Kaju/blob/develop/README.md

[quote=351939:@Kem Tekinay]If you check the README, you’ll see the recommendation.

https://github.com/ktekinay/Kaju/blob/develop/README.md[/quote]

I must have missed that. So why does not setting the updater property to nil prevent the helper app from running?

The behind-the-scenes update script is triggered by the Destructor in that object. If the Destructor doesn’t fire, the script never starts.

OK. I wonder if that’s why it’s not working on Mac but is working on Windows. The codes in the app.close event now. :slight_smile:

Could be. It should be firing always without setting it to nil yourself, but that’s not always true, and it’s not at all consistent. I’ve seen it change between builds.

Hi Kem,

Kaju 2.0 doesn’t support mac x64 bit?

Or am I missing something?