Yes, I finally gave in Apple Silicon

And your eyesight. My 13" is capable of displaying a much higher resolution than my aging eyes can read comfortably. The effective resolution of what I normally run on the MBP display is 1440x900 but it capable of 2560x1600. I just can’t read it (comfortably) which defeats the purpose…

3 Likes

That is the reason why I have elected to buy a Mac Mini M1 with a 28" screen. What counts in the end is the weakest link, which happens to be the human eye.

4 Likes

This is getting a depressive thread :-). We should probably change the subject to “Which M1 for old people?” or even better “Which M1 for old men”, seems to be a gender thing that we don’t have a good eyesight any longer :-). Congrats to our female companions who seem not to suffer as much as we do :-). I’m feeling very old now.

4 Likes

Me too :weary:

2 Likes

Remote support with anydesk or teamviewer is slowly getting a nightmare for me … :-), if some of my customers would know how little I really do see while clicking through their desktop … :slight_smile:

I had a Teamviewer session with an Acronis guy on Monday. The guy was really incompetent. He tried for 15 minutes to check full disk permissions - on High Sierra. Then he changed my screen resolution without me noticing. I just suddenly saw only a quarter of everything.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, me too. :weary::weary::weary:

That’s normal for Teamviewer. I run a hosting company and we often use Teamviewer. If we’re on a laptop and the end user has a 34" widescreen then we get to see around 15% of their screen. First thing we do is change res to match ours for the duration of our support call.

1 Like

Me three!

1 Like