Xojo_constraintkit

I want them right aligned to the length of the longest. I don’t know in advance which will be longest because it could change for a given language.

I have a whole series of dialogs that follow the same general pattern. A group box with various options. Labels right aligned. Controls to their right (sometimes the same width, sometimes not. Some have more than one control on a given row). Examples:

I’m not convinced that means we should be trying to have the labels be the same length. I’ll see if I can find a combination that works.

I don’t care what length they are so long as they are right aligned and preferably either as small as the longest will allow. or the right end is at a fixed position. The “Sort by”, dialog suffers is they are fixed location as the German is very long (resulting in a large gap for English, and others).

I’m pretty sure the length equality was to ensure that all of them grew longer if one or more of them needed to be lengthened by translated text. Preventing this:

We could perhaps choose to ensure that the trailing end of each label is equal? Better this:

I’m going to need to make a way to remove all constraints from a layout. Because of the way the Xojo framework makes controls, there ends up being multiple layers of constraints in each and they’re causing problems with intrinsic width.

1 Like

No pressure at all, did you get anywhere with this?

I have not had a chance to look at it yet.

Seriously, no problem at all. :slight_smile: