Xojo compiled applications and Windows 11

Why do you use a backdrop on a canvas?

You could just paint the image in the paint event and have full control over the background of the canvas by drawing nothing before the background image.

Thanks! That worked.

1 Like

Thank you all very much once again… My Dell has been finally upgraded to Windows 11 (by Software update automatically) and I have not experienced any issues with Xojo compiled applications - they are working exactly as they worked on Windows 10.

This raises the question why Xojo does not internally let the Backdrop just paint in the Paint event.

Since Canvas Backdrop has always been trouble some and for years or decades the solution is always to paint it your self in the paint event.

1 Like

I don’t expect big technical issues with Win11 compared to win10, but even, I don’t see any advantages for upgrading to Win11.
My Win11 VM (Parallels) is noticeable slower than the Win10 VM with the same stuff installed.

You run into the problem when your product is used in organizations that are under various support layers that require that the Windows desktops be maintained at the current Windows version. Not everyone has the ability to choose to stay on the older platforms.