WIndows not good on 2018r1.1

Do you use tcp/udp sockets?
Is so does your code try to write to it while it’s not connected?
That’s a thing that makes the debug run do some weird stuff sometimes

This is why so many of us keep older versions of RS/Xojo around. I have a set of command line utilities that I still compile for Windows using 2007r1. One of our primary apps is still compiled as 32bit Carbon using 2012r2.1 because all attempts to bring it forward result in unexpected failures that “come and go” while the older compile still runs fine on 10.14beta.

We have rewritten some smaller apps to use the newer frameworks, and one of our primary UIs is getting a full update for 2018r???, but it’s getting more and more difficult to stay ahead of the new platforms.

[quote=398383:@Derk Jochems]Do you use tcp/udp sockets?
Is so does your code try to write to it while it’s not connected?
That’s a thing that makes the debug run do some weird stuff sometimes[/quote]
I have discovered this. So no I make sure I’m connected first.

I found 1.1 is fine for me, but 2 is unusable.

I have a similar problem here, I am referring to the very first post on this thread. I have an application that works fine when built with Xojo 2017r3.0 but doesn’t when using last Xojo 2018r2.0. It is a very weird issue. In this case after pressing a button and loading a file some of the user interface controls are not updated properly and a tab panels start to mix all controls… It looks like something in the event loop… something I don’t have access. I have placed lots of exception code but I can’t get any more info.

:-/

Stan

First thing is make sure that you aren’t updating any control settings in Paint events.

I have checked and no (but I ak still checking). Actually I just found out that just after launching the app and switching between tabs I get an event loop problem, the debugger pauses in the event loop like if there were a problem. :-/

I saw that the other day, it happened when I was trying to view a local PDF with a HTML Viewer, I couldn’t replicate the problem after restarting the IDE though.

I’ve just replicated it, I’ll put a ticket in for it.

<https://xojo.com/issue/53415>

Could you let us know if its a similar to what you’re experiencing Stanley? Do you have a HTML Viewer on that tab? If so could you try it as Webkit and see if the problem goes away as a test?

Well, in my case it looks like I have invisible breakpoints as well but I don’t use any HTML viewer in that project… I have to take the whole project and start to reduce until I find the problem.