Why does the Xojo documentation stink so badly (with example)?

You should read documentation for Apple’s latest features. Yeah it’s great that you’ve documented this function and it’s parameters (which are obvious), but you could at least provide some description of what this function does and what the different parameters do?

Or when they deprecate stuff (which they do so frequently now), what’s the replacement function?

Some of their documentation is in man page format, some none at all and you have to look in the header files. It’s also really awesome when they add a new data type, that’s actually an alias to an existing data type, without documenting WHAT the data type is. Again, you have to go hunting through header files to trace it all the way back.

We got it pretty easy with Xojo.

Xojo docs are great - if you can find them. When I search for info (from within Xojo 2018 IDE, or from Safari / Google search) - it seems like I randomly find the “bad” or “old” documentation. Sometimes I find the good stuff.

I agree that having multiple versions, and poor search, is the big problem.

I want “Inside Mac Books for the Second Millenium” !

[quote=416042:@Paul Lefebvre]The bottom of every page at documentation.xojo.com has a “Send Doc Feedback” link to this page: https://documentation.xojo.com/Xojo_Documentation:Leave_Feedback

Essentially, an email to docs@xojo.com is fine for most things. Feedback works as well, so whatever is most convenient for you is fine with me.[/quote]
Thanks, I missed that :slight_smile:

[quote=416049:@Michael Diehr]Xojo docs are great - if you can find them. When I search for info (from within Xojo 2018 IDE, or from Safari / Google search) - it seems like I randomly find the “bad” or “old” documentation. Sometimes I find the good stuff.

I agree that having multiple versions, and poor search, is the big problem.[/quote]

THIS. At least a few years ago, this was my biggest issue with the docs. It would help having fully updated docs, with examples, right inside the software without the need for googling and other such things. The nature of search engine indexing makes this a gamble some of the time getting reliable info.