What listbox control/plugin do you use?

It is possible to debug code you are given for free.

[quote=324864:@]I get the following when opening your demo:

[/quote]
I recall you must use “new picture” and not “newpicture” depending on your xojo version.

Thanks Jean-Yves, I didn’t know that, I was thinking that it was a bit odd to release a demo that didn’t work. I did get it working after Tim’s post.

While your project is nice and the way you “merge” the cells is quite interesting, I unfortunately have yet to find what I’m after :frowning:

[quote=324864:@]I get the following when opening your demo:

[/quote]

Drop box is blocked where I work so I Can’t see the image… I will take a look at home. it should work…

In any case what you see on my website was all done by subclassing the Xojo listbox using Xojo code. The only declares are to get the right highlight color. You can make the Xojo do almost anything with some work.

• karen

PlannerDemo.Constructor uses a lot of NewPicture which was removed from the language recently after having been deprecated since 2010r3

If you want everything to be exactly windows ‘normal’ use VB Net.

If you want fast easy application development for multiple platforms use Xojo and deal with (or put up with) the quirks.

I’m working on completely rebuilding the combobox because it doesn’t work right on windows.

[quote=324949:@Neil Burkholder]If you want everything to be exactly windows ‘normal’ use VB Net.

If you want fast easy application development for multiple platforms use Xojo and deal with (or put up with) the quirks.

I’m working on completely rebuilding the combobox because it doesn’t work right on windows.[/quote]

Thanks Neil, I realise that, I was just asking what everyone else was using to see if someone had already addressed the issues I have :slight_smile:

My point was just to show that you can make it do just about anything…

Thanks for pointing out the issue with the demo… While I use the classes I have not actually run the demo in awhile, so I was not aware of the problem!

I just uploaded a new version of the demo… When exactly did they remove NewPicture? I missed that in the release notes.

• karen

[quote=324797:@Simon Berridge]I have created a number of Listbox classes, all of which use the standard Listbox as their Super.

What is it you are looking for?

My latest version allows you to specify column types, their alignment, the formats to use. You can get a copy here:
specialListbox

There is a note within the main class. Read that as it will give you the usage information.

Simon.[/quote]

Hi Simon,
would you not have a specLB version using the Einhugur’s date and time controls ? Because I already use them in my applications, I’d like to have the same layout throughout the application.

Thanks

[quote=325002:@luciano monti]Hi Simon,
would you not have a specLB version using the Einhugur’s date and time controls ? Because I already use them in my applications, I’d like to have the same layout throughout the application.[/quote]
Luciano

I am not sure what you are asking here. The specialListbox does use the Einhuger controls. Are you asking if there is a version without the controls?

If you are then have a look at the code supplied and remove the Einhuger controls and replace them with what you want/ned.

Simon.

Sorry Simon,
I mean, instead to display your winDateTime windows with inside the Einghbur’s “calendarcontrol” when cell has been clicked, directly display the Einghbur’s “datecontrol”.
So, use the “datecontrol” control in place of “calendarcontrol”, getting the same calendar graphic (often for data entry window I use “DateControl” control which is visually much better than “calendarcontrol” and often I use it with listbox together in the same window)

[quote=325035:@luciano monti]Sorry Simon,
I mean, instead to display your winDateTime windows with inside the Einghbur’s “calendarcontrol” when cell has been clicked, directly display the Einghbur’s “datecontrol”.
So, use the “datecontrol” control in place of “calendarcontrol”, getting the same calendar graphic (often for data entry window I use “DateControl” control which is visually much better than “calendarcontrol” and often I use it with listbox together in the same window)[/quote]
What are you paying him for doing the work for you?

I think he is VERY generous giving out his code, and fixing bugs is one thing, but what you are asking is that he should work for you for free.

Just a Canvas (with quite some classes along) :slight_smile:
With the downside, that i can’t offer it to you.
One can do nearly everything with a Canvas - but yes, it’s quite a lot of work… and probably not what you’ve been hoping to read :wink:
One example of ours:

[quote=325035:@luciano monti]Sorry Simon,
So, use the “datecontrol” control in place of “calendarcontrol”, getting the same calendar graphic (often for data entry window I use “DateControl” control which is visually much better than “calendarcontrol” and often I use it with listbox together in the same window)[/quote]
The whole source code is included in the download. You can modify it at will. If you do change it to operate the way that you want then I would appreciate it if you would send me a copy or post it here.

Sorry Simon, I did not mean to make you work for free, it was just a suggestion.
I’ll try to make a change, just need to find time…

[quote=325037:@Markus Winter]What are you paying him for doing the work for you?

I think he is VERY generous giving out his code, and fixing bugs is one thing, but what you are asking is that he should work for you for free.[/quote]

Dear Sir, I bought most of the plugins for Xojo (MBS, Einhugur, Bkeeney,) and not least pidog DataView, happily I use in my projects. I’m not probably good to expressing myself in English (in fact, use google translator) but at least I’m not snooty like you

[quote=325058:@luciano monti]@Markus Winter What are you paying him for doing the work for you?
I think he is VERY generous giving out his code, and fixing bugs is one thing, but what you are asking is that he should work for you for free.[/quote]

Markus, sometimes it is good to re-read/re-think things and don’t jump into conclusions to soon. You reply was again … hmmm … unnecessary.

EDIT: I noticed you already removed your own post. Good thinking! :slight_smile:

I use StackView a lot. It is about the best NSTableView-kind class ever made for Xojo. Sadly, the developer has disappeared all of the sudden. Several people here tried to contact him, but helas …
BTW it is (was) a payed class. I would gladly share this but not sure if this would be ethical correct, even if the dev has abandon the project (so it seems).

Very nice looking Jürg, I think it might be the way to go (for cross platform sanity) :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for your input on the matter, it’s a very interesting read thus far.

Hmmm.

So you buy other plugins. Buying other plugins is an argument for what exactly? Why bring that up??? I hate “pretend arguments”.

Your English is good enough, that’s not the problem or an excuse.

And finally you close with a personal insult.

Well done.

[quote=325064:@Christoph De Vocht]Markus, sometimes it is good to re-read/re-think things and don’t jump into conclusions to soon. You reply was again … hmmm … unnecessary.

EDIT: I noticed you already removed your own post. Good thinking! :slight_smile: [/quote]

No, I never did. And I stand by what I wrote. If Luciano has a problem with being criticised but has no problem with criticizing and even insulting others then that’s his problem, not mine.

[quote=324806:@] @Jean-Yves Pochez can you give us some of the reasons ?

Feedback Case #43704
Feedback Case #43705
Feedback Case #46694
Feedback Case #46521
Feedback Case #46520[/quote]

I use the Xojo listbox. It’s one of the things I love most about Xojo. If it doesn’t work the way you want just subclass it. This project shows a simple subclass that ‘fixes’ all the issues listed in the above cases. I didn’t fix the shift+pageup/pagedown, but it could be fixed the same way.

Edit: The attached project shows the ‘fixed’ listbox on the left and a standard listbox on the right.