WebListBox not showing

(l).datepicker is the from the minified Xojo framework JavaScript file. l is the variable representing the element to which the DatePicker is bound.

what are the date format in your system preferences ? may be the problem is there and the browser canā€™t interpret it and display the regional date format ?

again, as your problem seems quite complicated, I would suggest you to convert to UTF8 all the sqldates you send to the browser. itā€™s more a problem when you make websdk controls but it could also cause problems here.

OK, I replaced the WebDatePickers with something a bit less pretty but actually a bit more functional for my purposes based on some WebPopupMenus. Everything now works beautifully, including some extra Javascript tweaks from another thread (thanks, Hector!) to get text colors right in the WebListBox.

Jean-Yves, I was using standard USA format, but, the pickers were being initialized from the Xojo DateTime class (which in turn were initialized from the serverā€™s clock), not the database at all. So while I donā€™t doubt that encoding problems could in principle be an issue, it was likely not the problem in this case, unless there is some underlying problem with DateTime. But I am using DateTime instances to initialize my present PopUpMenu solution, and everything seems to be working perfectly (no errors in 10 distinct launches from scratch).

So I am going to mark this as solved, with a warning to everyone viewing the thread that this has nothing to do with WebListBoxes, but rather with the fact that WebDatePickers appear sometimes to give Javascript errors on at least a Safari 14.1.2 client when the server is Rocky Linux 8. The WebDatePickers worked fine in the debugger (even when the browser was the same version of Safari), and appeared to work fine in the Chrome browser. The peculiar intermittent and browser-specific nature of the failure may make it tough to come up with a sample project, but Iā€™ll give it a go, and post on Issues if I can.

Bottom line: The solution for me was to replace the WebDatePickers.

ah thanks, missed that.

not surprisedā€¦
I solved a lot of weird problems by replacing xojo web controls with my websdk controlsā€¦

Iā€™m using @Anthony_G_Cyphers 's GraffitiSuite which includes a nice datepicker which I have been using without issue. In worst case scenario where you find a problem Anthony has provided excelent suport and fixes when needed.
Writing your own control as @Jean-Yves_Pochez has done is also a viable route but I rather not reinvent the wheel when there are options available.

1 Like