WebFileUploader still broken in 2023?

First of all, I don’t work for Xojo any more and haven’t for a little less than two years.

Second, to characterize it this way is not really fair. The file uploaded control does work for most of the use cases. You’re just trying to use it for extremely large files and to be fair, when I did the design work for this control (web 2 was something I worked on at Xojo), I was not targeting files of this size. To expect users to upload anything that large through a website brings all sorts of other issues and if I were designing a site, I’d likely set up a Dropbox file request instead.

I am sorry that you are having trouble with this and that it doesn’t meet your needs. But I’ve grown tired of your attitude about this and will not be trying to help any more.

3 Likes

I just ran into this very same issue when pushing out my web app to a DigitalOcean droplet. In the end I was able to quickly and easily resolve this issue.

Easy Answer
I used LifeBoat and turned on the Manage --UploadPath option and my uploads sprang to life. This is probably the easiest and best option for many folks.

More Involved/Alternative Answer
It looks like the “Manage --UploadPath” option sets/manages the –UploadPath option within the WebApplication (see “Command-line parameters” at the bottom of the page). Based upon this setting one could configure things so that the WebFileUploader will work.

Dropping this reply here in case it helps the original poster or anyone else who stumbles across this post in the future.

1 Like