WebFileUploader Fix

Addendum: funny enough in my constellation not firing any events in the Safari Web Server combo. Nothing! Working perfectly fine with Chrome, FIrefox … Seems a Safari, Apple, BS-ish ugly thing …

I’ve seen the bug running in localhost on windows 10 using Edge, and I can reliably reproduce it with Chrome on mac as well. Not just a Safari bug, sadly.

1 Like

Ohh, yes I see that I didn’t add clarity with my post. I’m not negating your challenges. All I was trying to say, is that in my specific constellation (small files), it does work on all browsers locally, but in the communication to my webserver it works on all browsers but is failing on Safari approx. 99% of all adempts. One way or the other, I’m happy that Xojo can reproduce the issue according to the FC. And I do agree that this has to be reliably fixed. For me, it is a big showstopper and I guess it will be for almost everyone, working seriously on Web 2.

Update: <https://xojo.com/issue/61753> (which is now public) has been marked as Fixed (but not yet released). Hope is on the horizon!

2 Likes