WebCanvas update speed when canvas is already populated

WebListBoxTD is a child of WebListBox, so you’re not sending an HTML table. But you can use HTML to format each cell however you want.

But…I don’t want to push if you have something working for now. Just wondering out loud if that’s not the fastest way to handle the grid you need short of changes to WebCanvas, jCanvas, or an entirely new and custom control.

It’s a feature :wink:

When this blows over, we will chat.

I’m curious… What browser have you tested this with?

I mostly use chrome and timing figures have come from that but I also tested Firefox, same issues.

I can do a more conclusive test if you like and publish my results with Explorer and any other browser I can find.

Did you see my second app Greg? It’s a dramatic difference when embedding/closing containers that have the canvas in them. This result is just acceptable (ie 1 secind) for drawing a 30 X 8 grid but drops off larger than that.

I intend to look at all of this over the weekend. With XDC coming up, things have been a little hectic.

It’s Saturday afternoon here Greg, your already 3/4 of a day behind :stuck_out_tongue:

Just out of curiosity, when you draw the cell borders, are you drawing each individual one, or are you drawing all of the horizontal lines and all of the vertical ones? An 8x30 grid would require 240 DrawRect commands, whereas using lines, you could do it with 40 DrawLines (9 + 31).

Basically I Draw a Filled rect then a rect to simulate a border, so really that 480 rectangles.
I will test your method but I think the issue is a little deeper.

Canvas in container control method for all tests.

==========test 1============
1 full width and height filled rectangle
40 draw lines (replacing 240 rectangles)
240 filled rectangles
240 strings (Row # and col #)

29 ms paint
169 ms from button action
2300 ms to fully show (Chrome)

==========test 2============
240 rectangles
240 filled rectagles
240 Strings (Row # and col #)

31 ms paint
164 ms from button action
1740 ms to fully show (Chrome)

==========test 3============
240 Strings (Row # and col #)

11 ms paint
117 ms from button action
360 ms to fully show (Chrome)

==========test 4============
776 Strings (Row # and col #)

37 ms paint
172 ms from button action
1700 ms to fully show (Chrome)

in Mozilla for test 2 above, I get

35 ms paint
285 ms from button action - always higher than chrome
1903 ms to fully show - always higher than chrome

I’m not sure what the status of this is, but I’d like to chime in that turning ‘DisableDiffEngine’ works wonders for my (simple) graph.