Web app < - > client communication

Rudolph,

I have an Mqtt systrm running at work.

Fantastic. Love it. I can see a lot of potential.

Doesn’t seem to be THAT popular though. Perhaps becsuse it’s relatively new to the greater public?

Thanks again for the lead, it’s a very interesting protocol.

MQTT Is very popular in the MCU’s world, like Arduino, ESPxx, MSP, Home Automation, etc… It’s more that world than “high level” computing :slight_smile:

I work for a small company that makes educational robots for grade schools. Since kids will likely not be in the classroom this fall, I would like to try and make an app to control the robot over the internet using Mqtt. I found this thread and tried to run the demo project from: https://github.com/zaatardigital/mqttlib-demo
I am using Xojo 2019 3.1
I got two errors, both in Mqttlib.tcpsocketadapter.constructor, line 7
Type mismatch error. Expected delegate Delegate(TCPSocket, RuntimeException), but got delegate Delegate(TCPSocket) AddHandler inTCPSocket.Error, WeakAddressOf handleTCPSocketError.

This method requires fewer parameters than were passed. AddHandler inTCPSocket.Error, WeakAddressOf handleTCPSocketError.

Can anyone help me?
This stuff looks waaaayy over my head :slight_smile:

In the method definition for HandleTCPSocketError add the parameter err As RuntimeException. The definition should read “HandleTCPSocketError(inTCPSocket As TCPSocket, err As RuntimeException)”. This makes the Event Definition API 2.0 compatible, but the code can remain API 1.0.

Thank you so much. This forum rarely lets me down!

I have finally used the Za’atar Digital library to make a web app that communicates with my desktop app to control a Goldenrod Research RoboArm over the internet. At least I got the communication part mostly figured out. I still have a lot of other work to do, especially how to deploy the web app.