Web 2.0 Benefits - More simultaneous users

Wow, this is a very big difference/improvement! what is it due to?

I wasnā€™t around so I canā€™t comment too much, but I guess that part was refactored and rewritten from scratch.

Wow, I did the same kind of app, but it had like 100-150 questions and for some topics it used images for the question and/or for the aswers. I started with 4 instances (30 users) but they got disconected, I had to double that on the spot to make it work fine (15 users), testing it later, max users was 20.

My list of bugs for web 2 is far for being solved so, havent bought a licence to test the performance in a compiled web 2 app

That thing about using the ā€œI feel attackedā€ to avoid user valid questions is just sad. The real question made by OP and MANY more actually is:

"I know that I can go X fast towing a trailer with 20 cows with my current car. I need to know how fast the NEW CAR is going to go towing the same weight. "

With the answers of @Greg_O and @Ricardo_Cruz, you can get an idea.

Speak about API only. The new speed of Web2 to replicate in less time is too important for me.

Ivan, sometimes you leave me with the impression that you want Apple-like answers. They only mention that the new iPhone has a new microprocessor that jumps from the A14 to the A15 Bionic.

Maybe this is what you want as a response from XOJO. Complete more commercial and focused sales answers. So, the interested user can see that it is worth jumping from Web1 to Web2.

The HandleURL theme is a good example.

The API speed improvements were a result of all the other back-end things that were done.

One thing that we didnā€™t mention here was the conversion of JSONItem. That in of itself made a huge difference in response times.

3 Likes

However, Iā€™d like to clarify that my purpose here is not to provide biased answers or resemble the marketing approach of Apple. Iā€™m here to provide information and insights based on my knowledge and training.

Regarding XOJO and transitioning from Web1 to Web2, itā€™s important to note that Web2 offers several advantages, including enhanced performance and functionality. APIs play a significant role in this transition, as they facilitate seamless communication between different software systems and enable developers to integrate various services into their applications efficiently.

The HandleURL theme you mentioned seems to be a good example of how XOJO leverages APIs to streamline web development. By utilizing HandleURL, developers can create dynamic web applications that respond to specific URL requests, making the user experience more interactive and engaging.

HandleURL is not new in Web2.