Web 2.0 Benefits - More simultaneous users

I supposed that @Greg_O may be the new user of @Greg_O_Lone
Greg O’Lone in the following post:
https://forum.xojo.com/t/cgi-many-connected-users
said on Aug-2020:
"By default, a CGI app should be able to handle about 50 concurrent users if the app isn’t too busy. It’s a tricky number to nail down because it has a lot to do with the other things that your app does.
You can increase this number to some extent by modifying the args array in the app.Open event like this:
args.Add(“MaxSockets=300”)`
The number of sessions is about that number divided by 4. So 300 would be roughly 75 sessions."

As at that time Greg was a Xojo Engineer, that means that it was an official affirmation and probably it was based on tests Xojo’s technical people had done.
Based on that, by that time, I had developed a Xojo WebApp in order to evaluate students. A simple 10 questions multiple choice examination.
It was an stand alone WebApp running in a Windows server machine with enough resourses to support many more than 50 simultaneous users.
With up to 30 simultaneous students works quite acceptable, but more than that start loosing connections.
When I assist to David’s XDC 2023 video, where it was said that Web 2.0 supports more simultaneous connections than Web 1.0, I asked my self and also here in this forum: How much connections ?

I insist that this would be a nice job for Xojo Engineers to take one particular WebApp (a multiple choice exam could be an easy and representative one) and established: for this particular WebApp, in this particular hardware, using Web 2.0 technology supports up to X simultaneous connections, while the same code, in the same hardware but using Web 1.0 technology supports only Y simultaneous connections.

Of course this will not be applicable to all WebApps and will depend on each particular WebApp, but it will give us an idea of how much improvement we could spect from Web 2.0 against its predecesor.

2 Likes