VbMigration

Privately I have been adding C#/VB.net to Xojo conversion (what a task that is!) As we need more developers (c#/vb.net is in the millions!) and for the Xojo community to continue to grow… so it’s a little incentive to try something new when you have a “hand-holder” so-to-speak to help you in the transition :slight_smile:

Matthew: Do you plan on selling it or offering it for download again at some point, your converter?

It is currently available freely through the Xojo Developers Library software download as a tool in tools menu.

In the next release it has been removed from the library tools to be its own separate software piece (Once again) for those not wanting the library software package. In a single (one 80MB) download you currently get a myriad of tools including color pickers hex/rgb codes, regex, vb to xojo converter, custom webedition control templates and project manager, reusable code library of software, custom controls, remote code library sharing and networked library sharing, 400+ reusable functions, all in a searchable database containing it all.

Check it out http://www.xojodevspot.com

I assume this 80MB library software package is compatible with the newest Xojo?

Its all source code and reusable functions for use in Xojo, yes.

If the guys at Lazarus can import Delphi projects with 100% compatibility , I still don’t understand why no one can do it for vb6???

‘Can I use my existing Delphi code?
Some of it yes. If the code is standard Delphi pascal and it uses the standard components found in Delphi then the answer is yes. If it uses some specific database, OCX, or DCU then the answer would be no. These items are specific to Windows and would only work on and within Windows. However, if you are only looking to create a Windows product using Free Pascal and Lazarus then the answer would be yes. This hasn’t been added to the LCL yet but it should be possible in the future.’

What makes delphi easier to import/convert?

Because both sides ARE THE SAME LANGUAGE. It’s an import, not a conversion.

Delphi = Pascal = Lazurus.
VB6 = BASIC <> Xojo