using my own iOS Static Lib ?

I tried to look around for a simple example of static library, but all I could find is a tutorial based on Image Filters
http://www.raywenderlich.com/41377/creating-a-static-library-in-ios-tutorial

The tutorial is very well made and does lead to a functioning project, but it is far too complex to see if one can call into the library from Xojo. At least with my limited comprehension of Objective-C.

Amazing how it seems nobody thought about doing a very simple example, akin to the excellent tutorial on the Xojo blog for .NET DLL access. Someone defined static libraries in Objective-C as a pain in the behind. He may be right.

We are a long way from Kansas… Too bad…

Only some of us. I wish someone would come get Dorothy and her damn dog. :slight_smile:

Crapping on yer yard again ? :stuck_out_tongue:

It doesn’t work for me well here.
It compiles, but app doesn’t launch.

Anyway, unless Xojo Inc get it supported for the future, it’s just a hack. To build products for it, we need to have it work for Simulator and Device and supported for the future.

[quote=161841:@Christian Schmitz]It doesn’t work for me well here.
It compiles, but app doesn’t launch.

Anyway, unless Xojo Inc get it supported for the future, it’s just a hack. To build products for it, we need to have it work for Simulator and Device and supported for the future.[/quote]

We will have to wait for something Xojo supports officially… Next year or so ?

Yes, maybe Joe can build something?

Like if declare has .a lib Xojo looks for a static lib in project folder with matching name?
And that static lib has all code for simulator and device (32+64bit), so Xojo can pick platforms as needed.

That is how it was supposed to work, apparently, from what Joe posted. But he added he had not tested. It seems that’s not it yet :frowning:

No, I had expected it to take a full path on disk, not something with any relation to where the project is on disk.

absolute path didn’t work here, too.

Oh, I read too fast. Right. You explicitly said the full path, and that was an issue for teams. Sorry.

Anyway, the absolute path does not seem to work either, since the project does not run at all after building :frowning:

Any progress on this topic ?

I was wondering if one could use the BASS-Library on iOS…

There is an example for desktop here in the forum :

There was a post of interest in a convergent perspective :
https://forum.xojo.com/22573-future-of-xojo-plugins/9

At XDC, Geoff talked about a new plugin format that will enable writing plugins in C/C++, but also in Xojo. Most importantly for this thread, the new plugin format should support iOS. Apparently that should be available towards the end of the year.

Maybe an alternative: Daniel and I have been working on a few Accelerate framework features. There’s only a handful of declares currently available in the next release of iOSLib I will put online shortly but it shouldn’t be that difficult to extend. He’s been doing some FFT calculations on it with really good results.

Drawback: The data format Apple uses for Accelerate is really a pain. I’ve been thinking on adding some convenience methods but I cannot recommend it. Conversion simply takes too long, so you’re much better prepared if you build your own structures around Apple’s defaults.

(Some numbers for comparison: Doing a simple vector multiplication with Accelerate takes only 20% of the time a pure Xojo matrix multiplication needs. But converting NSPoints which I used to the MemoryBlock format Apple demands and back made the method take 6 times as long as Xojo. Anway, FFTs or other DSP methods are usually for number crunching, and it looks very much like a conversion in that case is not such a show-stopper.)

Merci Michel, but I’m not sure I would be able to write such a plugin…

@Ulrich Bogun , Thanks, but I’m not so ambitious. My goal is only to be able to play some midi notes in may iOs app.

I bought Christian iOs Audio Plugin, but unfortunately it does not play midi notes on iOs… As Apple does not provide the synthesizer there.

So, I’m looking for other alternatives or ways. The BASS Lib seems to have a lot of features. It would be great if I could have it working on iOs.

There no support for plugins on iOS anyway

XDev reports Geoff introduced the new plugin format yet to come as being supported in iOS. Were they mistaken ?

That’s coming in the future
It’s not present yet

[quote=190046:@Norman Palardy]That’s coming in the future
It’s not present yet[/quote]

I never said it was already here. Just that it was announced.

just be patient.