Understanding the purpose of the Touchbar

I am pretty convinced they did look at it very seriously. They do know a lot of people want it but if internal tests indicates a touchscreen for a laptop is useless, why would they do it anyway.
It is a bit short sighted to say Apple is going backwards just because they released an awesome (*) new MBP without touchscreen.

(*) A laptop with the latest (available) chipset, fastest mobile CPU/GPU, fastest ports, fastest SSD interface, improved Retina screen, fastest memory, incredible huge trackpad, … yes, I would say it is an awesome new machine. And yes, I deliberate did not mention the touchbar. Without it, it is still an awesome machine.

But Eli Ott is right here. If you do not like were Apple is going, then by all means use something else. There are plenty of alternatives, not?

Look at the sectarian zealots here.

Haha. Michel: on every Mac hardware related thread you spent hours telling us what’s wrong with Apple. Just stop. Please. We know by now.

Eli, you have absolutely no right to tell someone who has used Apple for a great deal of years more than you, to shut up.

You have the right to elevate everything Apple to a religious icon. It is all a matter of personal views.

This forum is a space of civilized discussion between adults to exchange points, not fanaticism. Please don’t try to terrorise anybody who has a different opinion.

In other words, please stop being a bigot.

Now ignoring this thread which has become quite stuffy.

I was very sceptical about the new ToolBar.
But when I look at this youtube video, I must say that Apple did a very neat job with the ToolBar.
15 Touch Bar Tips and Tricks for MacBook Pro

That was your counter-argument to Christoph’s statement. Very civilized.

I said “please stop”. In my opinion this is not the same as “to shut up”. It’s nicer. Quite a lot nicer.

I do not care about Apple or Apple products at all. But it seems as soon as somebody criticizes your dislike about Apple, you “invent” the other to be an Apple fanboy. Trust me, this is completely in your mind.[/quote]

Michel is always good for a grand exit…