Unable to drop a Column in SQLite

You are right.

@www.w3schools… they use what you wrote.

@AlbertoD : I found that snippet in the documentation (pure hazard).

And it also is in Autocomplete, but one have to guess or know !

https://documentation.xojo.com/api/databases/sqlitedatabase.html#sqlitedatabase-libraryversion

I asked for LibraryVersion in the Documentation search field.

I found it differently the first time and I stored it in the actual project…

@ sqlite.org, we can download the whole documentation Documentation as a bundle of static HTML files. 10.17MB.

Good ideas are everywhere. But reach the information we need is always a bit difficult.

I’m sorry if I’m not clear, I want to find in Xojo’s documentation a list like this:
Xojo version - Sqlite version included
2022r1/r1.1 - 3.36.0
2021r3 - 3.36.0
etc

I expected 2022r1 to have 3.37.x and expect to have 3.38.x in 2022r2. Maybe Xojo changed policy from the last time I read Greg’s response:
FWIW, We (Xojo) have been more aggressive about updating SQLite as of late. Our goal is to update our internal version whenever a version of SQLite has been stable for at least 5-6 weeks at the top of a release cycle so you can have the latest features but with the fewest bugs.
I know Greg is no longer with Xojo and I wonder if that has something to do with the slow down in Sqlite version included in Xojo.

1 Like

You were clear. I was lucky to found the information. Usually I have hard time.

Remember my question about Xojo and Windows 11, elsewhere.

1 Like

I created case #69164 asking Xojo to update SQLite from 3.36.0 to a newer version.

1 Like

It would be wise to read the docs for ALTER TABLE at the SQLite web site:

https://www.sqlite.org/lang_altertable.html

to be aware of the conditions under which DROP COLUMN may fail.

Not only I read the docs there, but I downloaded the >10MB package (full docs to be read locally).

I already wrote that.

I add a test about the .sqlite version and issue a warning about the feature is not available with the running IDE.