UISearchBar

Thanks for mentioning it. I had not tested that recently after it got stuck during build in beta 6. Now it builds nicely. 2015 R1 will be released very soon, now.

But yet, the demo does crash in several places when installed on a 64 bit device. I have no doubt Jean-Paul is actively working on it, though.

Yes, thanks, but as this hasn’t been released yet I was hoping there might be a 64-bit version of Jason King’s UISearchBar that is working very well in 32-bit.

Actually I don’t see a UISearchBar in the demo dtPlugins. I think you might be confusing this with the UIPicker which was a later topic in this thread. I need a 64-bit version of the UISearchBar that Jason King provided earlier in this thread.

I had a look at it. There are a bunch of Integers that should probably be turned into UInt32, and also the handles are cast to Integer and should be kept as pointers. Could be an interesting project to 64ize it.

Given the complexity, though, probably Jason King could much better work on it. We could set up a group funding to buy Jason a license to build, so he can experiment on device. At this time he can only work on the simulator which does not support 64 bit, so he won’t be able to help.

Given his tremendous contribution to iOS, I am inclined to think this would be a wise investment, as well as a small thank you for his benevolent contributions. After all, we do buy our plugins…

If three of us participate (you know who you are), it will be for each about the same as a one platform license.

We could set up a group funding to buy Jason a license to build, so he can experiment on device.[/quote]

I’m in.

I’m in.

No, the new version (not yet released) has a UISearchbar. :slight_smile:
I think will release a public beta soon.

I’m in too. Fantastic suggestion @Michel Bujardet and I think we have 3?

Yes, we have. Now how are we going to manage buying the license for Jason ?

Maybe @Alyssa Foley could help us by collecting our payments and supplying a licence?

I just sent her a message :slight_smile:

Count me in, happy to help and support.

I’ll email you with details. More than happy to help make this happen!

I received the details from Alyssa.

Basically, we need to deposit each our share through Paypal.

The only way multiple people can pay a quote is via PayPal. Send any payments to xxxxx via PayPal and reference order 112222. I will attach all payments to the order and once you reach $269.10 I'll complete the order.

If I count right, we are
0. Michel Bujardet
0. Richard Berglund
0. Jason Tait
0. Gavin Smith

I just sent my $67.28 :slight_smile:

I need to know the email address to use for the PayPal payment.

payments at xojo.com, don’t forget to mention reference order 112222.

Just sent mine.

Thanks for the work you have shared @Jason King

I’ve sent mine too. Thank you @Jason King !

Ok, sent now too. Thanks Michel, Gavin, Jason T & Jason K.

Gentlemen, we have a winner. Now Jason King will have his iOS license :slight_smile:

Thank you.

Now time for Alyssa.