Troubles after having ran Standalone Xojo Web Install Script

Yes, but it is important to note as well, that not all attempts you are seeing are malicious. For instance, it might be that I have an old program, piece of code using an IP I used in the past, or I have old IPs stored in 1Password, or I just have a typo in my terminal when trying to ssh into one of my servers and bang I hit yours … Means I don’t want to enter your server but from your perspective, I’m one of many knocking at your door … For the hackers there are different interests:

• Having fun
  • Looking for free storage
  • Looking for a free SMTP server
  • Looking for a free database
  • Looking for stored passwords
  • Searching if you have interesting files / software, videos,movies stored
  • etc., etc. etc.

And there job is very often quite easy, as many doors stand wide, wide open.

Yes, that’s rather logical. But those are small drops in an ocean. I won’t believe my logs having been flooded the past days contain only your addresses :wink:

So childish… :roll_eyes:

That’s just theft.

Well, I understand your list was informative. What I’m arguing is that it should/must be punished, or at the very least, tracked.

Granted.
When there are hundreds of doors and, perhaps, half or more of them are hidden from view (even for the householder), I easily understand how one can be overlooked.

Yes, that’s what annoys me most. With GDPR we have in Europe those nice popups on each and every webpage (a nightmare for someone like me reading half of the day documentations on the web) and not adding much security, while server (even from large cooperations or regulated markets like health care) are not ensuring a minimum of good business ethics to protect their and my data.

1 Like