Thread.Run() ignored on windows

1. Windows problems are probably getting less attention, they are low priority,
    Not true - but we DO need to be able to reproduce a bug to fix it - so far no one has been able to reproduce this
    But I suspect the project compiles fine for you with whatever plugins you’re using
    I don’t know if that impacts this or not but it may
    I’ve tried stripping the plugin dependencies out without much luck as then the project doesn’t run as you submitted it

2. Web edition is a black hole that is concentrating all resources
    False - we actually have other engineers who work on that that are NOT the Windows engineers

3. my problem is weird
    I’ll give you this one :slight_smile:

4. nobody cares
    No - we can’t reproduce it so we have a very hard time fixing what we can’t reproduce

The projects I’ve cerated that do use a thread subclass an implement constructors & the run event work fine and they tick along

its a thread accessing UI exception thats being caught and ignored

See updated case notes

My code throw no exception, I wrote an exception handler, I got nothing, thread.run() simply does nothing. I spend almost two days in creating the project I attached to the bug report. I tried it this morning, it still show the same problem. That project doesn’t use any plugin and I removed all external stuff.

I have received some interesting info thru the Feedback system that I need to try, something related to reading a UI parameter (in this case ‘list.count’). The project is still Carbon, UI is accessed thru events except in this case (since it is just reading). It looks like you can no longer do that. I will try if adding that to the thread event handler fixes the problem. I will let you know.

oh, we once had a problem in our plugins that exceptions were not caught due to missing stack frames.

Stanley, you do have exception blocks, but you’re only handling five of the many exceptions. Specifically ThreadAccessingUIException.

Dealing with exceptions is not meant to be a “log it and ignore it” situation. After all, something happened that your code didn’t expect and now it’s in an undefined state.