Stupid popupmenu question

You have these controls:
• a popup menu (a box that, once clicked, shows a menu like in the menubar, non editable)
• a listbox (a control that holds rows containing cells; no menu at all there)
• a combobox (a mix of a popup menu, an editable text field and a listbox)

They are all three different controls with different capabilities, and different methods&properties. They also behave differently than each others, because they don’t necessarily share the same logic.
It’s important to be accurate in describing your issue.

I appreciate your points, but if you read through the thread, you’ll see that my approach changed as things progressed (ie: changed from popup menu to combobox). I was accurate in describing my issue(s) all along. Plus, since Xojo has removed the docs for all but the current version, I’m forced to play a guessing game a fair amount of the time.

Every release contains the documentation that was current at the time of the release. Depending on how you access the documentation, there is a preferences setting to use the local documentation instead of the online version.

I have my prefs set to use built-in documentation, but I still end up with online docs which contain a whole lot of items which are “new in 2019r2”, r3, etc etc etc. This has been happening for quite awhile. After searching my system for the docs, I found a PDF that seems more like an enhanced user guide, not docs.
Any thoughts?

EDIT: found XojoLangRefDB, any way I can force Xojo to use that? I’m using Mint Linux 20.3

Sorry for all the confusion, Jeff, but I never said I’m using a listbox. Only that I changed from popupmenu to combobox as an experiment that seems to have worked (even though at the time I didn’t think it had).

No problem here. ‘It works now’ is a result in anybody’s books. :slight_smile:

I do compile one of my programs for Windows, Mac and Linux. The me.listindex value is unstable in pop up menu change event! It is OK on Mac but is unstable on Windows and Linux. The solution is to read me.listindex just once, at the event beginning:

Var lidx as integer = me.listindex

…and then use this variable instead of several me.listindex readings. Check it yourself.

to above… sorry, it was not that case. the error I was mentioning was corrected after version 2019 r.3.2

@Bill_Dawson 2019r1 and what flavour/version of linux is this happening with?