Storing multiple values in an Integer

Excellent! Again, it’s probably because you are able to avoid all the overhead of dealing with text encodings (which happens behind the scenes of Asc and Chr, etc). You have the relative luxury of doing this since you are limited to ASCII input.

I’ve made 2 classes for Base64 stream encoding and decoding as promised.

https://www.transfernow.net/dl/20240307j3WnfHVC

Hey @Sascha_S , this link will expire in few days, you could keep this source in your repo too.

1 Like

Me?

Yep. As you already is hosting the INI/JSON, I thought you would be interested in saving this one too. But its ok. Someone probably will hold a copy. :wink:

Oh! I almost forgot about it. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve added them to the Repo. Thank you @Rick_Araujo

May I ask you to submit changes to these classes as pull requests on GitHub? That would be wonderful. Thank you very much for your help.

1 Like

Sasha, roll back. :smile:

That’s another project. Other classes not related to INI/JSON.

I was asking if you wanted to host the “Base64 stream Classes” too. In a separate space (repo). :wink:

The objective of those classes are like a pipe translator Base64->Binary and Binary->Base64, continuous feeding and continuous output, of arbitrary content back and forth as Base64.

1 Like

This is not that bad. I’ll leave it like that for now because I don’t want to put in a lot of effort, I just wanted to make sure that a little more “Xojo” can be found on GitHub. We Hijack this Thread a bit. Let’s leave it as it is. :wink:

Well, It messed the INI/JSON one dirtying it and inflating it with not related content.

Please roll back to keep the INI/JSON as it should be.

It is part of the talk with the OP curious to see my version with continuous feeding. It was a request fulfilled.

I’ll host it properly in a proper space another time. Thank you for your effort. :wink:

1 Like

Aaron, the link for the clean engine is in this post:

Dear Rick, thanks a lot for doing this — I’m just seeing it now but when I click the link I get “Übertragung nicht gefunden” (I live in Germany). Did the link already expire or is my location a problem?

P.S. I have to go now but will return in about an hour

Works from here, Sasha could download too, and I guess he lives in Germany.

Yes.

@Aaron_Hunt: You can find it in my (rolled back) Repo: Added Stream Base64Encoder Class and Stream Base64Decoder Class · Schneppi/INI_JSON@6240ca0 · GitHub

Incomplete and kind of messed. Merged with another unrelated project and missing the examples. Please use the original pack or you may not understand.

Got it, thanks. The problem was AdBlocker in Firefox. It downloaded fine in Safari (and showed a bunch of ads). I’ll report back after I’ve had a chance to try it out, maybe tonight.

Hmm, or my blockers are better, or they give a clean interface for those uploading and ads for downloaders.

Whats an ad-blocker and why would I need one?

This f.e.: https://pi-hole.net/
And, to block Ad’s :wink:

What ads? Where do they appear?

1 Like

Avoid pollution.

Makes sense.