Standalone Web SSL...

Unfortunately that’s too late. By the time the App.Open event fires, the sockets are already listening for connections.

Can we get a different event like App.Launching() or something where we can configure these things?

App.Launching could also include like a Configuration object that has the properties for which we are allowed to configure. That way people don’t try to change or configure these settings outside of this event

@Brock Nash – Put that info into a feature request, please.

Would it not be possible to launch another instance with the desired ports, and showurl the user to it ?

Haven’t been able to get into feedback all day. Network issues with rackspace still :frowning:
If someone wants to submit this:

Title: Add Web App launch event to set configuration
Type: Feature Request
Platform: Web
Body:
Add a Launch Event to the WebApp
This event should be passed a WebAppConfiguration object
This object should allow us to set the port for both HTTP and HTTPS, the connection count for each of these, and possibly the SSL certificate information here.

This way we don’t need to set this information via command line launch of the application and we can also dynamically set these properties using coding logic. This could allow us to easily spool up new instances that connect to different ports.

There may be other app configuration properties that would be nice to set here as well. Perhaps the error/app not available messages etc…

[quote=128134:@Brock Nash]Haven’t been able to get into feedback all day. Network issues with rackspace still :frowning:
If someone wants to submit this:[/quote]

<https://xojo.com/issue/35284>

Thanks Michel. Someday when I can finally access feedback again I will throw some points behind it. *sigh

Just to see if the problem is not related to your local loop, you may want to try and connect through a VPN.

Does it matter what order the files are in in the .crt file? For example, if you a public cert, a private key, and three chain files(Intermediate certs), as long as they are separated by a new line, does it matter what order they are in?

It’s pretty common (not sure if it’s a standard though), and the safest bet to use:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- (Primary SSL certificate) -----END CERTIFICATE----- -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- (Intermediate certificates) -----END CERTIFICATE----- -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- (Root certificate) -----END CERTIFICATE----

As for Xojo, put the private key appended to this…

Each certificate included must start on a fresh new line also.

ie.
YES:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- (Intermediate certificates) -----END CERTIFICATE----- -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- (Root certificate) -----END CERTIFICATE----

NO:

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- (Intermediate certificates) -----END CERTIFICATE----------BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- (Root certificate) -----END CERTIFICATE----

So, I have the .cert file set up and running on --secureport:8081 but when I try to hit it using firefox I get this:

An error occurred during a connection to mobical.zionadventures.com:80. SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length. (Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Any thoughts?

Did you try connecting via:

mobical.zionadventures.com:443

Port 80 is usually reserved for non-ssl connections.

EDIT: Or, mobical.zionadventures.com:8081 (since that’s what you specified)