Spaces in Path Names

Because the code the OP posted probably works perfectly with that one line added, when he has been unsuccessfully struggling for a couple days ?

You are spot on Michel, the end user does browse for the save folder and savetxt.Text is NativePath
And its now working :~)
I can thank you enough
I would never of looked at how the text in Savetext was created
On Windows anyway it doesn’t need any quotes at all, I haven’t tried Mac yet…

[quote=132206:@nige cope]You are spot on Michel, the end user does browse for the save folder and savetxt.Text is NativePath
And its now working :~)
I can thank you enough
I would never of looked at how the text in Savetext was created
On Windows anyway it doesn’t need any quotes at all, I haven’t tried Mac yet…[/quote]

Do the same for Mac. Otherwise spaces will mess up things.

I will do, already on it :wink:

See my post in https://forum.xojo.com/16010-reveal-file-in-explorer

For OSX and Linux escaping/quoting is easy in the shell. For Windows you have to use trail and error. There is no consistency at all.

Thanks Christoph

This has had a bit of a domino effect the xml reader is now broken lol

You may think that, but there is consistency. You simply need to learn a bit more… It’s just like driving in England for a continental : passing the gears with the left hand seems inconsistent, but in fact it is just as logical as the other way. It is just different.

What do you mean ?

Its ok, it was just me, I forgotten to change something back

I think I’d be a mess trying to drive in Europe or anywhere else that drives on the “wrong” side of the road… I’d plug for motorbike as at least the controls are mostly standard! lol
But yes I can see the logic behind it and it makes sense in context, its just the “well all I had to do was this before” that gets in the way then frustration makes you a little blind specially when its so close to going out for testing
Still its working, I’m a little wiser and I’m getting there slowly :slight_smile:

Motorcycles? Controls standard.?.. not quite. shifters on opposite sides… throttle : twist toward to go fast, others turn away
Italian bikes are the most “non-standard”… Wasn’t unti Honda/Yamaha etc back in the early 70’s that more were standard… but far from 100% even today.

I lived in Malta for a while, where they drive on the left. I drove once and after badly estimating my distances, scratched a parked car all along its side. Never tried driving again :wink:

[quote=132283:@Dave S]Motorcycles? Controls standard.?.. not quite. shifters on opposite sides… throttle : twist toward to go fast, others turn away
Italian bikes are the most “non-standard”… Wasn’t unti Honda/Yamaha etc back in the early 70’s that more were standard… but far from 100% even today.[/quote]
Most of the bikes we get in the UK are pretty much the same, the last thing I rode that had gears on the opposite side was a Bultaco, the only Japanese bike that differed was my first bike with 4 gears down, everything elses has been 1 down 4 or 5 up, current bike is a 1988 600 Kawasaki … I like the oldies :slight_smile:
If it was a pre 80’s British bike yes brakes/gears are the other way around… I never had the opportunity to own one sadly, insane money these days

The last bike I used was a 1970’s Raleigh Chopper, with a small front wheel and a large back one.
It also had “goolie crusher” gears, centered in front of the seat!