Some very sad news

Stéphane Pinel, Xojo’s Director of QA, died suddenly and unexpectedly yesterday at the age of 51. He was a valued member of the Xojo team for more than a decade and personally, a good friend.

He was a trained lawyer who decided instead to focus on his love of technology. He lived for much of his adult life in Paris (he introduced me to Nutella on my first trip to there) but for the past several years he had been living in his hometown of Normandy where he had a home next the ocean. He loved to take pictures of the beach and sea which he frequently posted on Instagram.

Some of you met him at one of the Xojo conferences so I wanted you to know.

We are all in a state of shock here. He seemed just fine at our engineering meeting on Thursday. That’s how sudden this was. He is survived by his brother and mother. If you knew Stéphane, met him or just interacted with him through email or Feedback, please take a moment to think of him and his family. Keep them in your thoughts.

37 Likes

So sad. We met him at several conferences and we will remember him as a good fellow!

8 Likes

Shocking news.
I have met Stéphane a couple of times at the MBS developer conference.
I will remember him as friendly and helpful.

7 Likes

My heart goes out to his family, friends, and co-workers. A sad day.

8 Likes

I hadn’t engaged in long conversations with him, but when we spoke, he was friendly and full of life. This is a terrible loss.

8 Likes

He was indeed.

7 Likes

:sunflower:

Rest in peace.

6 Likes

Losing friends is always a shocking experience.
Life keeps reminding us of how fragile it is.
:fr: rest in peace.

10 Likes

Really sorry to hear about Stephane whom we met many times. He was a nice person and we had some good laughs with him

6 Likes

I am shocked to say the least. Feel sooooo sad. I miss my best friend at the XOJO Conferences. My thoughts are with the family and all who worked with him and loved him the way I do. XOJO Conferences will never be the same without Stephan. We miss him. Reinhard & Christian

10 Likes

for more than 10 years we meet every year at the conferences. He was an amazing person. We lost a great friend, but the universe received a new beautiful star. Losing someone we love is nothing easy, we can realize that we are blessed to have been able to share in his life. My condolences to all his friends and family. Rest in Peace you will be missed

9 Likes

Stéphane has been a friend ever since we met in Paris back in 2012. He was very supportive of my work when I was still a young and inexperienced developer.
I always welcomed his advice and support before each of my presentations at a Xojo conference.
I will truly miss his friendly face and sense of humour.

R.I.P

12 Likes

Sending love to the Pinel family! Very sad news. :worried:

2 Likes

Sad to read this. I send love to his family and friends. :hearts:

4 Likes

Stephane was a good friend.
We had a great time together during the past Real World(s) and some other conferences around the world.
We planned to meet in Normandie someday.

I’ll miss you, my friend.

4 Likes

I met Stéphane at XDC 2016 in Houston. He thought I was Canadian!

A friendly fellow, always with a smile.

It is so sad to hear about his disappearance.

Condolences to his family and all who will miss him.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that. We met at several MBS conferences in Germany. My thoughts and wishes are with his family.

4 Likes

I’ve no words today when I saw that he as gone. I lost more than a friend. Rest in peace Stéphane. :cry:
Our discutions about development, life and French politics will miss to me.

8 Likes

Very sad to learn that Stéphane has passed away. He was always very friendly and the first one to have good stories. I stil remember his sense of humour when he told us about his fall in the shower of his hotel room at a Xojo conference. I also remember his reaction when I asked if it were possible to outsource the Feedback system, to which he replied “Have you lost your mind ?” and we both laughed.

6 Likes

Yes, very sad news!
My condolences to his family.

5 Likes