Simple SQL select statement

Personal coding style. I know just glancing at the method that any variable with an underscore prefix is local to the current method/scope.

[quote=363034:@Alberto De Poo]I wanted to test SQLdeLite and CubeSQL. Just finished my first test.
The Action code is the same, just needed to copy the CubeSQL plugin to Xojo, change SQLdeLite CubeSQL plugin use to True, db as CubeSQLServer instead of SQLiteDatabase and open the db with host, port, username, password and database name.

Tomorrow I’ll test Valentina Server.[/quote]

SQLdeLite abstracts all the differences away in Xojo supported databases + cubeSQL.

It does very little to assist with Valentina. Valentina Server has two modes of operation: SQL and API.

API gives you similar benefits to prepared statements but is not supposed to be used with Valentina Server (although you can) because the cursors are slower and create locks.

SQL mode I do not believe it has prepared statements.

However it does have SQLite prepared statements if you are operating a SQLite database on a Valentina Server.

I do not use or recommend Valentina Server because of stability issues that I found. However the database engine for local apps is quite nice and Valentina Studio is a great product. Ultimately though for a single file database it is hard not to just use SQLite or cubeSQL when you need a bit more horsepower.

Thank you Phillip.

Norman, I didn’t know that variable names starting with _ are not added to the autocomplete feature that Xojo provide. Is that why you asked about it?

Variable names beginning with “_” are usually considered “special”.

They are special to me.