Simple DB encryption question

[quote=419698:@StphaneMons]
@PedroIvanTellezCorella You can add anything you want to the hash before encrypting the password so the user will never know the true DB password.[/quote]

That is true, but, is impractical. If you are going to do encryption and/or hassing, it is better to have the user passwords independant from the database password. So, every user can have a different login and if for any reason you have to revoke access for someone, you don’t need to reencrypt the database to change the password.

@Pedro Ivan Tellez Corella — There must be some misunderstanding here because what you propose is exactly what I described. The main password for the database is never known to anyone but is encrypted for each user.

I responded to Dave S who sugested to give the user the actual SQLITE encription password to the user to avoid being in the compiled app.

Yes it was a misunderstanding . You aswering me about something to prevent the to know the true DB password, is like if you said, encript the DB encryption password, give that to the user and decript it in the app to connect to the db.