Show locally stored html including images using HtmlViewer

Back home.

On macOS, the application are send either as zip (or rar) or in dmg (as Xojo).

So, place the files to be copied in the app folder and generate the downloadable.

On Windows, you use an installer (Innosetup). Do the job there (copy the files with the application and share that).

In both cases, at install time, the application send the files at the appropriate location(s) and the user get the files.

Xojo put the local LR n the Resources folder of the IDE. You can follow your idea and do the same, so the risks to lost a file are greatly reduced.

§$%& forum ate my post:

I’ve done what you want for years. I exported my Rapidweaver website to a specific folder. Then I copied that folder into my app. Don’t do the html manually because that’s annoying.

I do that manually, but what is annoying me is the lack of colors (display of the html code). So, I load the files with FireFox and display the sources there. I get red debugger for free (code in red is bad code, usually).

I never take time to learn how to use a graphical html application (I use TextEdit)…

Ok, I see. Thanks a lot for your efforts.

In the meantime I followed the idea to move the files via buiild-step into the resources folder. From there I copy it at the app.open event into SpecialFolder.ApplicationData.

I tested it on three different windows computers and it worked fine. I hope nothing is wrong with this procedure?

PS: I’m using Publii for creating simple html-pages.

Nice !

I want to remind you that you can download the example project and use the code, even without a plugin license.

The example shows how to an IMAP client, but if you don’t need that, just copy the code to load the email in a html viewer only.

Ok, I’ll have a look at it.

Thanks!

[quote=475638:@Oliver Janz]In the meantime I followed the idea to move the files via buiild-step into the resources folder. From there I copy it at the app.open event into SpecialFolder.ApplicationData.

I tested it on three different windows computers and it worked fine. I hope nothing is wrong with this procedure?[/quote]
Not at all. This is the easiest way to do setup with a cross platform app.