Sharing a file

that event fires even when the app moves to the background.
I don’t think we should be removing the observer then. I believe that the event fires under a number of conditions. Should we be more specific about when it’s called?
If a user is in Mail and sending a file to open in this app, the needs to waning for the notification to act on it right, and It will be in the background right?

well no crashes now, but the app callback isn’t called except during open.

Have you tried opening a file with your app or just opening it again? I might have misread the docs, but I think it should be calling that if you cause your app to open from viewing a file.

I misread the docs. Fixing this will be more involved :confused:

here’s what works.

1. I have the file stored somewhere that the app can access it. I can load the file and display it - I know the file is good.
  2. When the app is running, I can send it from an email where it was an attachment, and it opens and displays (oddly I can’t get it out of Messages that way).

The above is good.

What isn’t working is the critical workflow: I can’t send it from mail to have any event raised in the app anywhere to trigger my opening it.

Moving this to PM until fixed so we don’t clutter the general forum :slight_smile: