Saving Version Control xojo_project still produces unwanted changes

I mentioned in the feedback report that there seems to be a cycle of problems.

Tabstop gets removed, then added without quotes, then changed to quotes through various saves. At no time has anything else in the window changed.

We’ve made a lot of progress with these over the last year. It’s just finding those stragglers where for some reason the value being set isn’t the right type where someone typed “True” instead of True.

Keep in mind though, if you open your projects in older versions of the IDE, modify and then save, you will keep running into these issues as the fixes only apply forwardly.

Oh absolutely. I never go backwards.

1 Like

Here’s a question, what’s the opinion PagePanel/TabPanel value properties? If you change the page in the layout editor, the page will change in the save data, but it makes no difference when the project is run. In my opinion, the value property should always be saved as 0. On the other hand, that value would be used so the layout editor shows the page the panel was previously set to when you open the project again.

1 Like

If it has no effect at runtime, shouldn’t it be saved in the .xojo_uistate file instead?

1 Like

Yes

I personally wouldn’t care if the panels were always at page 0 after a project was reopened.

1 Like

I still see about 100 project items changed with most of the edits in Xojo 2020r2. Today I saw “1.0” versus “1.0e1”.

1 Like

We use 2020R2.1 ALL our developers use that same version.
We don’t type “True” or True for example, the XOJO IDE does that it changes it on each save from <> to and back. if it where a one WAY save (eg if “”"+“True”+"""" then save as boolean.ToString or similar), the problem would be gone.

Sure i totally agree with that too, It’s annoying even to have it be saved as panel index 10 or someting.
Maybe these should be saved in the .xojo_uistate instead of in the project/class (xojo_code)

Edit @Mike_D beat me to it.

I understand that you don’t. Just remember that the IDE also has to be able to handle a property whose value actually is “True” like in the case of a button caption.