Recreating WebStyles in Web 2.0?

a useful page
cssgradient.io

I’d have to see an example implementation of this in a project. I’m not sure I understand what you are suggesting. It still doesn’t solve the WYSIWYG design problem. The cssgradient.io is pretty cool though.

seems selecting a css name from bootstrap is hidden in the xojo form designer.
that is the way ms visual studio use it for asp .net web forms.
Snap_2020.08.28_23h36m59s_001_

in your case you will select your own style in the xojo form designer as i understood.

It makes it unusable for large projects that demand client specific styling.

Why is there no project setting “CSSfolder” or “CSSurl”? Or/And after compiling a CSS sub-directory in Resources?
Combined with a style picker in the Inspector? With the possibility to switch to Xojo default.

That’s exactly what it’s for.

It will come in future releases.

In case of the 2020r1 I am reading a bit to often: “It will come in a future Release”. That is telling us: sorry, the release is not ready, we are working on a new release until than please live with the fact that there is no updating for the older Releases anymore. Xojo is leaving us a little bit alone.

1 Like

OK we wait for that.

Still, a huge accomplishment by Xojo. The 2020 work done.

1 Like

Your’e right and wrong in the same time. If they would bring out 2020r1 as Beta I would say: great Work. But as a Major release it means also: no error correction in 2019r3.x so: I can not wait until 2030 to have a completed Web 2.0. What I am paying for? I am poaying for the development of xojo and for Support. What I am getting for it: really slow development and a Support wich is sometimes sophisticated telling me that there is no error. So What? All what I have learned in the last 40 Years of Software Development is: I am in a problem.

1 Like

The challenge being ‘what is the alternative?’ I think Xojo is trying to juggle to many balls into the air.
Where it works it is faster than the alternatives. And it limits the business risk attached to sourcing to India or China.
Where it is to slow following the market, waiting for them means missing market opportunities.
Still, I believe if they manage to get their act together [on the trend towards HTML interfacing (on all UI’s) and step by step from Basic to Python for coding] Xojo has the potential to grow big.