Raspberry Pi infotainment system released

thats terrific!

Will do.

Awesome!

I don‘t know how many times I have smashed my Xojo Macbook Pro against the wall yet - in my thoughts.

But when I see what amazing things you folks do with Xojo, then I regularly fall in love again with it.

Sigh …

When you feel the urge to do this let me know and I’ll send you my address so you can send it to me
I’m sure one of my daughters would appreciate it :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve let the www.LifeOfPi.blog domain lapse and replaced it with www.comvette.com
This new domain is specifically for The Comvette Project.

The Comvette Project software just got a facelift to bring it more in-line with the Corvette C4 design aesthetic. It gets a new darker interface with custom buttons.

The rectangular silver buttons (bevelbuttons) that looked like they came from Windows 95 are gone. They are replaced by new black, rounded buttons. I decided to explore using a canvas control as the base for the new buttons. I’m really happy with the results. I started with a base class that handles the appearance of the buttons and then created three subclasses that handle the behavior of the buttons. I have:

A single action button (fires once when pressed)
A double action button (fires when pressed and then fires once more if held down for 4 seconds)
A multiple action button (fires when pressed and if held down for more than one second, repeats every 1/4 second until released)

A lot of other code refinements are included. I was not very happy with the performance of the FM radio receiver. It turns out that a lot of the example programs available on the web are incomplete or wrong. When I translated bits and pieces of them into Xojo, my code was incomplete or wrong in several areas. So, after researching the FM radio specs I rewrote the code from the ground up and now the FM radio reception is vastly improved.

Video

Amazing stuff, Wes! I’m not sure whether I’m lucky to have a standard dash '81 C3 or wish I’d held out 2 more years for a C4 :slight_smile:

Example programs seem to be notoriously wrong. This is also true for wiring diagrams, Integrated Circuits, Transistor-Transistor-Logic (TTL), and more.

In this case I was guilty of wanting to get the project up and running quickly so I just grabbed what I could find and worked with it. After being disappointed with the results I decided to actually do my due diligence and learn how the FM module worked and write the code myself. Unfortunately, this scenario happens more often than not. But in the end I now have a solid bit of code that I’m sharing with anyone who wants it.