Question: Why didn't you join the MBS conference?

I totally agree on this and can’t find better words to explain it.
Again, with no offence to anyone. I sincerely value and respect the efforts Christian put on organising this event.

For this conference we had reserved two rooms for the case we need to go two track.
And decision had to be made to cancel one room 6 months in advantage.

The number of registrations and the number of volunteers for sessions didn’t support two rooms, so I had to cancel second room.

For the sessions, well, we asked who may be interested, but there was no choice. Everyone proposing a session got one and that filled the schedule.

If you guys get together and volunteer for more in-depth sessions, I would be willing to get two rooms and we could offer a beginner and an advantage track.

Would beginners attend?

I’d like to see some experiments at next conferences.
What if we should divide up in small groups after the keynote and have courses, workshops and discussions related to a subject and level of experience. This makes that you only spend time together and learn a lot about the subject you’re interested in. Next you know who’s sharing the same interests with you which can be valuable in the context of networking. Hiring rooms should not be a big deals since it can just be simple and there is no need for a fully equipped conference hall.
So, rather than showing you’re work to the audience, you start sharing knowledge on a more interactive basis. And yes, I realize we need some people willing to invest the effort in preparing the programs and lead a small group, but guess it will be valuable for everybody and during the networking events there will be enough to share as the entire group is together again.
Just a thought.

Of course. We had several of them at the training day (for beginners) and at the conference.
Including at least two, who have Xojo in use only for 2 months.

Great idea. Let me add to this:
From my over 15 years at SolidWorks World (+5000 mechanical engineers over the cause of four days, so size matters) something I really enjoy is the luncheons. Tables in different sections of the lunch-hall are marked with signs show different topics (“Weldments”, “PDM”, “Simulation”) etc. You can choose a table and have a very interesting lunch with fellow engineers discussing this topic with like-minded.

Christian tried to experiment with the “Ask the experts” offering but as I understood there was little to no interest from the audience. I’d be in favour of the Idea to support people interested in specific topics to meet each other e.g. by setting up such tables as mentioned by @Mattias Sandström or by improved name tags:

A conference where we would have one room for start (keynotes) and two rooms following that, would be possible. Of course that needs more planning.

…and something to fill the room with. I always wish I had something more interesting to talk about than the work down in the trenches…

Risk when conferences are relatively small if there are 2 lanes that you could get into awkward situation where one lane gets no people or just one or 2 persons, while the whole conference piles up on the other lane because something more popular is discussed there.

or something both track is interesting and we can’t decide which one to go to…

Who said life is easy ? :wink:

1. In September i’m usually on vacation (also this time)
  2. I would like to attend the next time

As others already mentioned, i would like to emphasize the benefit of learning from others and to talk about their businesses, projects etc.

My proposal: It could be nice to reserve time for attending to groups by target (iOS, Web, Mac, Rasperry). To be honest, i’m mainly interested in mobile solutions so it would be great for me to have one day or afternoon for my special interest.