Provide LLVM Compiler Optimization Options for Xojo applications

Understood and sorry.

Meh. It happens.

And I’m sure everyone would love to talk about it more in the alpha channel. :slight_smile:

…and everyone interested in hearing more in this channel! :wink:

Nothing wrong about discussing wish list about what should be in 64 bit. Although by this time, most fundamental features are probably set. For instance, there is this other thread where Jason King wishes to have a Float type that will help creating decalres that work both in the current 32 bit version, and in the future 64 bit one Please add a Float type that aliases like Integer and UInteger - General - Xojo Programming Forum

Personally, I would love 64 bit to bring true multicore threading. It is already a feature request 4th in ranking : <https://xojo.com/issue/9515>

Not so sure it will be happening soon…

I suspect the paramount concern Xojo will have is to insure the smoothest transition from 32 bit to 64 and make sure it does not break existing code. Pure Xojo code, of course. Declares, and most conspicuously Mac OS Lib, may have quite an interesting trip. I suppose plugin vendors such as our beloved Christian Schmitz are already feverishly working on an updated version.

And we also know that Windows Functionality Suite is pretty much dead for 64 bit apps unless someone updates it. Even then, not sure how much of it is portable to 64 bit.

The fundamental problem with WFS is that it was written before structures were a part of the language. Everything is done using MemoryBlocks with hardcoded types and offsets.

Yes, the biggest concern is to have a smooth transition for pure Xojo code and to do so without breaking any 32-bit code.