Prevent a Tab Panel Change Event from Changing Tabs

I mean, simple for the average user of Xojo, not simple to implement for Xojo, e.g. lots of events that new users wouldn’t know how to use or even need to use until they become more comfortable with the language. Hiding that behind an advanced option would allow the IDE to remain clean while also providing extra functionality without users having to jump through hoops to get something done which ultimately should be quite simple.

The manual exists for that. New users don’t even know how to print a number on the screen. Beginners will know BeforeChange() with the exact difficult level they will learn Change()

1 Like

Needing to know the state or conditions of controls on a tab (page) before allowing a change can’t be any more basic or simple. I ran into that within the first few days of programming with Xojo. I’m sure I’m not alone. You have the ability of doing such checks before the ShowModal (or EmbedWithinPanel) commands execute when changing from one window or container control to another … this is simply an extension of that ability.