PHP Back to my app

Yes. Send it as one big string. You don’t have to format a single string in php, of course. You can output it piecemeal and it becomes one big string to your app.

I’ve probably got more chance formatting it in xojo than php. My php skills are pretty limited.

I assume only string data types can be passed back then? Can you pass Arrays?

If you need to pass an array, I’d recommend formatting it as xml. But how are you getting an array out of a database query?

I was going to loop through my recordset and read the records into an array.

Spit them out one record at a time. Tabs between fields, Newline between records. In Xojo, Split the big string on Newline to get an array of records. Split each record on Tab to get an array of field values.

Thanks, think i’m ok with that. Any reason why tabs for delimiter and not comma? Would you advise XML over this method or not?

Tabs are much less likely to be embedded in the data than commas. I don’t think you need to go as far as xml for this.

Thank you very much for all your help Tim. I finally got it working last night, I used tabs as advised.

Further to all the above and a little off topic does anyone know the basic code for getting a recordset into XML from a PHP MySQL query?