Open GL and Only One Texture Loads

I had the same problem. I’m new to OpenGL and started the X3 Tutorials on www.xojo3d.com. As I always do, I made small changes to the supplied examples to see if I understood it all and these changes gave the expected results.
When I came to chapter 11 - Texture mapping - I experienced the same weird behavior as Chris: only one Texture seemed to load, impossible to see two or more different ones.
I finally gave up, and downloaded the final X3Core Library from this site. It has a few small bugs, but not difficult to repair. What’s more important: it handles more than one Texture at a time!
So my advice to Chris is to look into the source of this Library and see what the changes are between the final Library against its state as in chapter 11. Or just use this final X3Core Library, as I do now.

I noticed a strange difference: on a Mac everything appears mirrored compared to Windows. Thanks to the Tutorials I was able to write a workaround for this.

I use this X3 Library to my full satisfaction but I have a question to users/developers: I think it must be possible to make images/textures (semi)transparent. But how to achieve with this Library?