[Omegabundle 2020] What's New

Check out the preview of new features coming in AppWrapper 4 and OAK (Ohanware Application Framework) that you will get if you order Omegabundle for Xojo 2020.

3 Likes

GraffitiCalendar is an advanced calendar-view class. It allows for the addition of events to a calendar by using Xojo date objects, with support for a wide variety of views and allows for event dragging and resizing. Includes support for a large number of languages built-in, jQuery UI theme support, and Google Calendar imports.

GraffitiCalendar is a part of GraffitiSuite Desktop Edition and included in Omegabundle for Xojo 2020.

1 Like

The September/October (18.5) issue of xDev Magazine is now available and it can be yours as a part of your Omegabundle for Xojo 2020 purchase. Here’s a quick preview of what’s inside!

Introducing PowerXS (Part 2) by Marc Zeedar
After introducing PowerXS in the previous issue, this time Marc goes into more technical detail about how his new framework cloning tool for XojoScripts actually works and how you can expand the class to support more classes.
OOP Listbox (Part 3) by Markus Winter
Markus continues creating his object-oriented Listbox. This time he adds an interface to the control that lets it draw itself, a key component of OOP design.
Making Charts With Xojo by Stefanie Juchmes
You might have heard of Monkeybread Software’s ChartDirector plugin, but did you know how versatile it is and how easy it is to use? In this article, Stefanie demonstrates many of the features of ChartDirector.
MapKit (Part 6) by Markus Winter
As Markus continues his quest to use Apple’s MapKit in Xojo, he now explores adding annotations to map locations.

PLUS: Working with Sets, Xojo 2020 Release 1, Best of the Web, and more!

1 Like

Just wanted to bump this up in case anyone was meaning to order the Omega Bundle before the deal ends. I went on a trip and almost forgot to order it. Now just have to wait for a deal on a Xojo Pro license :).

2 Likes

Black Friday may be a chance or Programmer’s day on 12th or 13th September.

I used to jump onto “good deals”, but now I think most deals are overrated.

If you don’t have a need to compile then that 20% is equivalent to 73 days that you save.

In 2018 I resisted updating and have so far saved nearly two licenses, while a lot of people upgrading in 2019 wonder what they got for their money.

So the rule in my book now is: buy it when you need it.

Even though it is hard at times as I’m a sucker for “bargains” (and I have a harddisk full of hardly used bundles to prove it - glad I kicked the habit and by now I rather buy a piece of quality software when I need it).

1 Like

Yeah, I am hoping for Programmer’s day. Was looking repeatedly over Labor Day Weekend in the US, even though they have not offered a sale in the past.

I’m looking to replace some Python code that I have in the cloud for API integrations and wanted to do some testing on hosted Linux VPS - so I’m kind of itching to be able to compile code for those purposes. I want to get the Pro license because I would like to be able to hit all of the targets and I would like to support Xojo’s development efforts (even though I still would like a deal haha :smile: )

Been there, done that - and still do it from time to time - but have gotten much better in recent years.

Thanks for participating!

We are wrapping it up today. The store link will remain active for a few hours more and, since we are based just outside of Portland ,will turn it off after we get our afternoon exercises rioting and burning down buildings :wink:

3 Likes

Hmmm,

:thinking: … hmmmm, not sure what “the community” objected to … after all nobody seems to have objected to Lynn’s poor taste in jokes: “after we get our afternoon exercises rioting and burning down buildings”

… so I’m unsure if it was “flagged by the community” for being anti-lying-orange-weasels or for annoying a certain admin person at Xojo Inc by repeatedly asking for nicer emojis???

Anyone can give me a hint? :wink:

P.S. #NZHellHole is really trending on Twitter :joy: … Go :kiwi_fruit::kiwi_fruit::kiwi_fruit:! :+1:

My thanks to Dana for changing the emoji display - takes a little while to come through as the browser caches them (so if you are in a hurry delete the browser cache).

The 2020 bundle is history. Thanks Lynn for organizing it and the customers for pushing a lot of money in the add-on businesses.

4 Likes

And I’d like to thank all of the developers who included their products in the bundle. This is an excellent set of tools - and there is so much content there that it will keep me busy for a long time. I’m still collecting up all of the software and reading through all the documentation.

Thanks everyone for supporting Xojo development with your excellent tools and plugins.

4 Likes

I bought it and I’m so glad I did. Some really superb tools and the developers are always willing to help and offer guidance.

4 Likes