Observation: XoJo makes printing harder than it should be

My point was not to say anything but the fact that page printing is fundamentally different than line printing.

When you send a text file to an HTMLViewer, you are in fact sending a page to it.

As for printing in C++ or Assembly language, you frankly have no idea about how complex it can get.

No is NOT. in FACT it is JUST TEXT. If the HTMLViewer internally creates a ā€œpageā€ to print the text is another thing.

That is nonsense, dotmatrix were dominant in the 70s and 80s, for the VB6 era the (Late 90s) market had plenty of inkjet and Laser printers.

VB6 Printer object was ā€œpage orientedā€ and print graphically??? more nonsense, the apps just sent commands to the print API, just like VB6, it is not like they send a rastered representation of the page.

1 Like

My point was not to say anything but the fact that page printing is fundamentally different than line printing.

Agreed

When you send a text file to an HTMLViewer, you are in fact sending a page to it.

Understood, but the HTMLViewer is doing the hard work.

As for printing in C++ or Assembly language, you frankly have no idea about how complex it can get.

While I donā€™t know printing in those languages, I did use both many years ago and I fully understand how complex many tasks can be in them. Thatā€™s the reason there are so many APIs and Libraries to ease the pain. Itā€™s also the reason that I donā€™t use them today. I donā€™t have the time, energy or desire to put into them for my purposes. :slight_smile:

Why donā€™t you load the text directly into the HtmlViewer?

Initially, I was saving the text to a file and then opening it in the default text editor. When the recommendation came to use HTML Viewer, all I had to do is have it load the file. The rest of the code was already in place.