Not respecting Windows DPI setting 2016r1.1

Hmm, let me grab a win 7 install off msdn a mo and run some tests.

That is because Windows 7 scales text without taking into account the app layout. I guess Microsoft assumed at the time developers would adjust to the scaling.

I gave up trying to work around that after trying several things in RubberViews. It is simply impossible to fit every situation automatically.

[quote=267011:@Michel Bujardet]That is because Windows 7 scales text without taking into account the app layout. I guess Microsoft assumed at the time developers would adjust to the scaling.

I gave up trying to work around that after trying several things in RubberViews. It is simply impossible to fit every situation automatically.[/quote]

Yep, I gave up too. For some screens I just manually make the label boundry sizes larger to account for it where I can, and your RubberViews (a great product by the way) does the rest generally as far as graphics.

I do write games, so I figure most will migrate to Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 eventually, and the issue won’t be a huge deal in the long term as Win7 ages and fades out.

Windows 8-10 indeed does a great job at scaling, even somewhat better than Retina, as it allows values between 1x and 2x.

Ok, I’ve finally got Win 7 x64 installed in a VM, don’t start me off on windows update problems :wink:

Thomas, or anyone, could you give me a quick example of a bug with HiDPI ON in Win7 so I can tweak a few things and see if I can get around them?

had the same issues. (W7/64)
went back to previous version :frowning:

Windows 7 has a very different way to treat HiDPI than Windows 8.x and 10.

Since obviously the present version of Xojo apps will most probably be used more and more by the new systems, it would make sense for it to focus on them.

There must exist register keys.