Multi User Access to SQLite on Network Drive

[quote=483621:@James Dooley]I agree, but as I said, I did not write either of them…

I ended up having to toss CubeSQL and go back to PostgreSQL on a recent project though… I needed to import a very large data set from the SEC (800+ mb) and after the fourth attempt I gave up on it. It just generated random memory leaks and then disappeared without at trace. Sometimes it would happen on the first import and sometimes it would run for almost a month with a nightly import before it would die.[/quote]

Bad luck, though - or Murphy’s law.

One of my clients is using a CubeSQLServer on a macOS Server, the database file has grown over 3GB now. But never more than 10 concurrent users. The database never went corrupt, despite of hardware failures occuring, throughout the years.

However, for more users I would go with PostgreSQL as well, just because you can find widespread knowhow and support information for it.

If you cannot install programs. Maybe look at the portable version of Postgres.

i have use cubesqlserver for 15 years (realsqlserver before) for all my clients and i only have on corruption when the machine with the database server where switch off suddenly while someone is accessing the database.

[quote=483631:@Oliver Osswald]
One of my clients is using a CubeSQLServer on a macOS Server, the database file has grown over 3GB now. But never more than 10 concurrent users. The database never went corrupt, despite of hardware failures occuring, throughout the year.[/quote]

Well I imagine most people don’t try and load 800mb of data into it in one go and have all constraints being applied etc…