MQTT

There was a talk at XDC yesterday by Reinhard Blumauer of tipcontrol.com. He presented some cool microcontroller system his company will soon start selling. He has a comprehensive MQTT server plugin for Xojo. I don’t think it’s been released yet but he is planning on doing so and it sounded like that was imminent. He said it will be free. Might be worth contacting him?

[quote=434948:@Eric de La Rochette]Hello Mike and Massimo,

I’m pleased to see that more than a year and a half after the last update to MQTTLib someone is recommending my work. Unfortunately, I’ve been away from Xojo for quite a while now and from development in general for a few months. I’ve recently been hired as the technical manager for an audio post-production facility so I’m afraid that, unless somebody is willing to fork the project, this one won’t evolve anymore.
As a matter of fact Za’atar Digital is due to be shutdown in the next few months.[/quote]

Eric, the code you wrote is still in use by me :-), Thanks a million!

Eric, the code you wrote is still in use by me :-), Thanks a million!

Like me you are a copy/paste coder LOL

just because you use someone’s class(es)/module(s) doesnt mean you are a copy/paste coder. it (could) mean you are a smart coder by using good quality libraries that you dont have to write yourself. I have used code from several if not many many Xojo developers over the years. they are a better expert on the topic that I am. therefore there code is probably much better than any code I can produce on it.

and I am very grateful on any libraries released for us to use. the more code the more developers. and I like to see when there is more than one library to do things as there is more than one way to skin a cat. so thank you!!

@Eric de La Rochette , thanks for your great works, i’ve made little modification and it works flawless.
I have a raspberry pi that act like as MQTT broker, a xojo desktop app and twelve ipads that communicate each other by MQTT.

very very great works.

Eric, thanks for your contribution! As mentioned above, sounds like @Reinhard Blumauer is soon to contribute something. I’ve reached out directly to him and hopefully he can also jump on this thread to provide details of what’s available.

I’ll fork your project and take a look. I do have a need for MQTT though I’ve been going down a different path at the moment. If this shows up, perhaps that will change my mind on which platform to use for this project.

Jim