Missing editor features

[quote=227077:@Emile Schwarz]
On Xojo IDE: I miss a search in the current code (code in the open object / front window…).

The globl search is valuable too ![/quote]

Isn’t that what the 3 little icons in between the search and replace textfields are for?

[quote=226976:@Norman Palardy]3 - select a vertical block of code
Like selecting every 3-5 character across set of lines ?
I’ve seen this in various editor but never found a compelling use for it myself
Feel free to insert a feature request[/quote]
Believe me, this is very useful when you want to copy a set of [name or value] patterned and appropriately indented code. Is a time saver. Will place the request when possible.

[quote=226976:@Norman Palardy]5- Button Focus on web app tab order - not an editor issue at all
Unlike windows where nearly everything can get focus, thats not the case on OS X
Enabled full keyboard support[/quote]
This is making me do workarounds. In my apps the users won’t use the mouse, just fast type,tab, enter. Since in the Xojo app I can’t focus the button programmatically, my users have to grab the mouse, losing precious seconds.

I tried that and it indeed works, but the implementation is not so instinctive. The first thing that I do is to hold command just before grabbing the control as in many other ides, first the key and then the mouse. Here in Xojo you have to drag first and then press command.

It autocompletes when the … dots appear, so it could detect when it is used for autocomplete and when it is just a multispace insert.
In visual studio, Embarcadero RAD and others, ENTER is used for autocomplete/intellisense and it is very well dual and multipurpose.

I reserve formalities and form filling for the customers I dislike or for internal procedures. Beloved customers can ask in any method they prefer. The forum IS a place to share and I think it should be an important source of request, at least to listen.

They did listen. If you want it to ever change, however, you have to file Feedback.

And to clarify again, the lack of button highlighting is not a Xojo-specifc thing. Your customers can turn this on for themselves in the OS X Preferences and it will highlight buttons in all apps, including the browser through which your web app runs.

I see Kem explained very well it is a system thing.

The focus is relatively easy to simulate on OSX by placing the button on top of a Canvas which can show the focus ring and accept a tab stop. Then very little code is required to push the button upon KeyDown.

Interesting idea Michel. More, that could be turned into a ContainerControl pretty easily.

Good idea Michael, will try that.

In Keyboard, Shortcuts, the bottom RadioButton ?

Do not do that: you will never (as much as I know) be able to remove this option. Never be able to revert this “feature”.

It will always hurt you bavk at a time you do not expect… And what about having an higlighted button AND a default button ? (Shutdown dialog for eample)

All of this if this is what I understand.

Thanks Marco !

Either I never try or I never understand what these were for…

Sorry for the buzz.

It’s not permanent. If you don’t like it, change it back to “Text boxes and lists only”