Menubar item problem

The universe does not have a name - so is not required :slight_smile:

[quote=94181:@Richard Summers]Norman - thank you very much - but I am now in the same situation:

I have “About this Software” in under my Application menu - FANTASTIC :slight_smile:
BUT - I still have an unwanted “Untitled” menu, showing :([/quote]
Don’t put it in a new menu all by itself then
Append it to the end of some other menu
Usually when you build an x-platform app you put it where it makes sense for Windows & Linux and magically on OS X it move to the right spot
If this is an OS X only app add it to the end of the File or Edit menu & be done with it

[quote=94197:@Richard Summers]
Dave recommends that I should never delete them - simply hide them.
I will now try to hide at least the file menu.

What is the difference between hiding them and deleting them - in other words - why is it ok to hide them, but not to delete them - just curious :)[/quote]
Some editing functions(cut copy paste etc) will NOT work without those menu items being present (really)
Its just the way things are

And the Application menu item you created is still attached to the untitled menu in my example
If you close to top level item then all others will be removed to and your application menu item will be gone

A trivial fault. If the default “Edit” and “File” menu items are deleted from the menu bar in a new Desktop application on Windows (7) without having first added a new menu item then Xojo 2013r2 IDE crashes.

How do I make these menus invisible ? (edit and file) ? filemenu.visible=false doesnt have any effects at all