MARKDOWN Class for Xojo™ - now available

Dave I have downloaded the demo, guess I should have stated I was looking forward to the:

[quote=401135:@Dave S]

The unencrypted source code will be available shortly for $69.00US[/quote]

:smiley:

An updated version of the demo has been uploaded to my server (same links as original post).

This version fixes a bug in the “Raw HTML” parser, and implements Linefeed when a line terminates in 2 spaces (it can also use \ if you want it to be “visible”).

Contrary to other parsers, at this time markdownDS does not bother to wrap “text” in “p” tags. I found no visible difference in markdown that did and markdown that did not… If there is an issue I missed, let me know .

There is also a “Purchase Source Code” button, that will link you to my store where you can order the un-encyrpted source code for $69.00. This includes free updates for as long as I am able to still type :slight_smile:

Uh, about the

tags:

They’re important, as they function to separate paragraphs: Each set of lines that are separated by two newlines need to be wrapped in p tags. Otherwise, all these lines appears in one block.
That’s one of the first things you learn when writing markdown - that two newlines are used to separate paragraphs, whereas a single newline does not, and gets rendered into a single space (without a newline).

This reply contains three paragraphs. Each one would get wrapped in p tags by markdown. Yours currently doesn’t, and that’s a fundamental flaw, IMO.

[quote=401815:@Thomas Tempelmann]Uh, about the

tags:

They’re important, as they function to separate paragraphs: Each set of lines that are separated by two newlines need to be wrapped in p tags. Otherwise, all these lines appears in one block.
That’s one of the first things you learn when writing markdown - that two newlines are used to separate paragraphs, whereas a single newline does not, and gets rendered into a single space (without a newline).

This reply contains three paragraphs. Each one would get wrapped in p tags by markdown. Yours currently doesn’t, and that’s a fundamental flaw, IMO.[/quote]
sigh… You are correct… now to figure out how to determine where to put those tags, as they don’t just go where there are two blank lines… they don’t get added inside code blocks, or after

etc.

I think I got it… here is you post run thru the parser :slight_smile:
Only thing I changed was to escape the

you had entered in the first line

Looks good.

BTW, uppercase tags? I believe recent html standards request lowercase. Not a big deal, though.

LOL… guess I can figure out how to change that… actually the reason they are UPPERCASE was so I could find them easier when I was debugging the program…

Yeah, I can relate to that :smiley:

I know it’s only barely related, but I was creating a readme for a Github repository and found https://pandao.github.io/editor.md/en.html and I was so impressed with the state of markdown…

I was still on the mindset of the core markdown and had gotten only as fas as tables regarding extensions. Then I got to that page and was blown by all the extensions that have been added to it in the past years.

I have a newfound respect for anybody that tackles such a project nowadays. My hat is off to you, Dave :slight_smile:

Thanks… I have tried to include as many of the “extensions” as possible (tables are in fact part of it)

it would be nice to be able to go directly to the buy page without first downloading the example application and buy from there.

thanks for making the class(es).
—sb

:slight_smile: I figured if you wanted to see how it worked, then you would want to download the example.

And to be honest, since this topic has been silent for a month, I figured there wasn’t any real interest…
Give me a day or two to finish up the last of the features I was working on (beyond what was in the demo)
Never mind… I had gotten caught up it seems

[quote=407185:@Dave S]:slight_smile: I figured if you wanted to see how it worked, then you would want to download the example.

EDIT : plus the website needs you name and email address in order to complete the PayPal application, so a direct URL won’t work without me designing a whole new PHP front end

Wow @Dave S. This looks great. I think I’ll probably buy it. How did you find writing the parser? I gave up on my Markdown parser a couple of years (before I moved on to another parser, for Roo).

Will this let me create a high concurrent user count web server in pure xojo console apps?

Would love a framework to serve 500 concurrent users in xojo with a single instance.

[quote=407409:@Derek Traxler]Will this let me create a high concurrent user count web server in pure xojo console apps?

Would love a framework to serve 500 concurrent users in xojo with a single instance.[/quote]
This is NOT what Markdown is all about… so the answer is NO

[quote=407409:@Derek Traxler]Will this let me create a high concurrent user count web server in pure xojo console apps?

Would love a framework to serve 500 concurrent users in xojo with a single instance.[/quote]

Check out Aloe Express.

Markdown is a way to write text and control its HTML formatting without having to write in raw HTML.

An update version of my Markdown class is now available… it fixes a couple of anomolies pointed out by Scott Boss

A demo can be downloaded for Free [these are new server links]

macOS - 64bit
Windows - 64bit
Linux - 64bit (x86)

All demos were compiled with Xojo2018r4 in 64bit mode.

Note : the Linux version has NOT been tested, as I have no machine to do so with
The class SHOULD work with Console and Web apps as well, but again I have no platform :frowning:

The Markdown code used in the demo can be viewed here.
the HTML results can be viewed here.

The unencrypted source code is available for $69.00US

Dave, you can make a virtualbox VM with a linux inside. it’s completely free. and test your software with it.

@Dave S This product looks great for creating bodyhtml email messages.

BTW 3^2 is 9 not 8 which is 2^3 :slight_smile: