macOS InApp buy - failures

Christian, your offer is a generous one and I will try to find a way to do this.

I will add myself to the list of people who cant get anywhere with the Maccloud plugin from MBS
Posting here because MBS doesnt respond to emails. And their website is cumbersome to find what im looking for.
I see Christian has something to do with that company so ill try here instead…
Following links to find out how to buy or even how much it costs leads to a price page that ends with me not seeing what to buy. Plugin

I got all the steps in place to test the in-app purchase and no matter what i put in for

AppStoreModule.GetProductInfo("Test1")

always get “Invalid product identifier:”

Ive entered the apps Bundle ID, do the build, signed with app wrapper, added an app to the store, created the provisioning, added an in-app item with a product ID named “Test1”

Also when i use the “Restore Completed Transactions button”
it asks to sign in with my Apple ID and then tells me its wrong.
I know my apple ID sign in, ive only typed it a few hundred times.

Could this have anything to do with the software written in Germany and im trying to access the Canada App Store…

Xojo charges alot of American Dollars for this product and this is yearly, they could atleast include this in their IDE.

Which product are you referring to?

Xojo itself? Has nothing to do with MBS … unrelated companies.

if you are saying the “support of In-App functions should be part of Xojo”… then I’d be the first to disagree

If something in MBS doesn’t work, or you need support beyond what somebody here “might” offer… then communcate with the vendor…

Xojo is supported by Xojo, Inc.
MBS is supported by Christian, who is in Germany
AppWrapper is supported by OhanaWare (Sam Rowlands)

Yes i understand that.

Im saying that Xojo charges alot for Xojo yearly and including an In-App purchase control would be beneficial.

The topic here was macOS InApp buy - failures and i was just weighing in with the same issues. Was hoping Christian would reply here just like he has above.

That seems odd, Christian is very prompt to answer my emails.

[quote=358016:@Kevin Currie]IAlso when i use the “Restore Completed Transactions button”
it asks to sign in with my Apple ID and then tells me its wrong.
I know my apple ID sign in, ive only typed it a few hundred times.
[/quote]
I’m almost certain you use a testing account to test IAP.

No, I would consider this very unlikely.

Beneficial for how many? Xojo is sold as cross-platform, rapid application development tool. One Mac specific niche feature isn’t usually their game - you don’t even get code signing (I hear rumor that Visual Studio for Mac does).

What do you mean by that? How do I tell?

Just an FYI… Xojo is expensive for a Canadian when the $CAD is at 78 cents. :frowning:
Adds up when you have to buy a plugin to add it to the App Store. Gotta sell alot of software to break even.

Christian is the fastest responder I know. Might have to try sending a question at 3 am just to see what happens … :wink:

Tha unfortunately is true.

@Kevin Currie, I am sorry, but I can’t find a single email here from you.
Where did you write to? Maybe it was blocked by spam filter.

The example does work for me.
It can be difficult to get it working as changes made in Apple’s website may not directly show up in the app. Maybe it works a day later?

To buy, well best get the Complete Plugin Set. You can buy it on the Xojo website or on our website.

[quote=358016:@Kevin Currie]it asks to sign in with my Apple ID and then tells me its wrong.
I know my apple ID sign in, ive only typed it a few hundred times.[/quote]
IAP is cumbersome and awkward to say the least, but this is most likely your problem. You should be using a special test account (which you set-up in Apple’s equally as awkward and confusing developer portal, I don’t recall the URL sorry).

In-App Purchase Configuration Guide for iTunes Connect

In-App Purchase Programming Guide

Hope it helps.

Please also check out the classes to verify recipes on file:

http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.net/pluginpart-verify.shtml

Uhg I have to read manuals… Guys dont read manuals…
Those 2 links are helpfull, thanks.

I now see what you mean by showing up a day later. I added a test App and i couldnt see it in the app list until 12 hours later. It was frustrating. I dont even have the option to delete my apps from the list.

No worries Christian, these Forums here are the best place to get all the answers anyway.
this is the link i sent the message from Link

Unfortunately if i have to spend $300 on the complete set of plugins to use just one isnt going to be affordable to me in Canada as that adds up to $386. I saw you offered single plugins in the $39 ranges so thought id inquire if i was able to get the Example app to work but still cant.

I know the Mac app store isnt as important as the IOS because i can sell from my website but id still like to have both so i can promote and advertise each from within the apps.

Just an FYI for anyone who had trouble getting the in-app purchases to work on the MAS.
After some reading i was able to figure out why it wouldnt work for me.

There was an important part i over looked when i originally started my Apple Developer account.
In Itunes Connect under Agreements, Tax and Banking there is an agreement called “Paid Applications” that must be completed in full and in effect before you can accept in-app purchases. I had seen it when i signed up but decided to fill it out later.

The 2nd problem might have been when i upgraded from Xcode 8 to Xcode 9 then realized i needed both. I put xcode 8 back but i had not added my Apple Account back in Xcode.

After those 2 steps the example app worked right away.