Mac App Store Rejection: Malformed Framework

My first test under Lion works now with App Wrapper mini! What is my change? I install the latest Command line tools from apple yesterday and I restart my system today, thats it. The same under Mavericks.

I mean here the problem with signing.

Unfortunately ;-:slight_smile:

More seriously.

When I’m in trouble, I shutdown the computer. Drink a cup of tea or coffee or do something else for minutes.

Then I start the computer,
When the desktop / Finder is shown, I wait for a minute or two (eventually 3),
I run Xojo [AND ONLY XOJO]
I load the project,
And I do whatever thing I have to do in Xojo.

This is to try to avoid conflicts, Finder misbehaviours, etc.

I noticed that if I wait a couple of minutes after a boot before I run an application, my MacBook Pro fans will not start to run fast (heat).

I noticed that after working some hours (and with intensive file I/O, creating files / folders), my shutdown time increase (and I do not tell about the whole computer slowdown…).

Etc.

I recall something from the days I was working at Apple France: the gals who made localization have a dedicated computer to do that, only that. They certainly had good reasons to follow that way.

Read Walters account of how he solved this https://forum.xojo.com/7022-problems-with-codesigning-app-for-app-store/0#p72566
Its really not Xojo’s fault

[quote=72510:@Norman Palardy]How you sign apps is documented by Apple and you need to do it however they say for whatever is contained in your app (in this case a framework instead of a dylib).
Or, let app wrapper or any of the other tools that exist to do this that do it correctly handle it for you.

Now IF we also integrated submitting to MAS etc and did handle the signing etc and the IDE was NOT doing it correctly it would be our bug.
But we dont[/quote]

I’ve tried signing the A folder in this new framework, as you suggested, but I can’t because the terminal says it is already signed. This is fresh from the build in Xojo.

I have the latest and greatest Xcode command line tools from Apple.

I still get rejected, saying that the new Framework isn’t signed with an Apple submission certificate.

So the new Framework is signed with something fresh from the build, and I can’t override it with Apple’s code signing tools.

Got it. Had to use -f to override the code signing that was automatically there (from Xojo?) on the new Framework.

Thanks for your help on the “A” portion of the Framework, Norman.

Miles I am curious. How much time do you have Into your manual code signing/sand boxing situation?

Just to set the record straight for everyone: I was able to finally get a successful submission this evening. Instead of being rejected outright, the app is now Waiting for Review.

After working with Sam Rowlands and running some tests at his behest, it looks like the problem didn’t really originate with App Wrapper either. The build folder was in a DropBox folder. Although the build would work fine from Xojo and everything looked okay on the DropBox folder, after App Wrapper did its magic, the subsequent “wrapped” app had the problem. Seems like it had something to do with Mac OS X 10.8.5 and Dropbox and App Wrapper. When I used App Wrapper on a 10.9 hosted machine (from the synced DropBox folder), the problem went away. When I moved the build out of the DropBox folder on 10.8, the problem went away. Didn’t look into it much farther than that. Just happy that I figured out what conditions were contributing to the problem. I can easily avoid that.

Sincere thanks to Sam Rowlands for working with me one-on-one on this to try to get to the bottom of this. That’s great customer service!

Ah, DropBox doesn’t really understand bundles.