Looking for Windows Look and Feel input for a new app

It IS possible to achieve the Modern UI without any additional library or declares. That requires drawing everything. Contrary to what you seem to assume, it does not require going back to the dark ages. For instance in your Microsoft Mail screen, the black left toolbar can be made into a resource, and once created, changed at will. Same thing for the multiline color listbox, for the menus, the search box, etc.

I have developed that kind of interface for my own use, precisely because native controls are so, so tired.

Maybe our basic misunderstanding is that you refuse to put in the work yourself, and want a ready made solution. Unfortunately, it simply does not exist at this time.

Now, good luck Sir. Find someone else to blame. Signing off this thread now become awfully stuffy.

[quote=344335:@Michel Bujardet]Maybe our basic misunderstanding is that you refuse to put in the work yourself, and want a ready made solution. Unfortunately, it simply does not exist at this time.

Now, good luck Sir. Find someone else to blame. Signing off this thread now become awfully stuffy.[/quote]
Rude, as always when you don’t get your way and people don’t agree with you. The funny thing is that I see far more of this type of non-helpful and rude commentary from you far more often than I see anything helpful. At first, I thought it was a language difference, but now I see plainly that you are simply a rude person.

From now on, if you are tempted to respond to one of my threads, please don’t.

To everyone else, my apologies that this traveled so far afield. The basic answer to my original simple question is that no one has come up with or can recommend a manner in which we can coerce Xojo into a UWP-lookalike mode and that any potential for success will involve either a new API and toolkit or a different development platform.

This conversation is interesting to read for me (a Windows fan). You need to dig into the MS philosophy of MVC to understand how this all works. MS have for years been moving the viewer away from the OS. For example I have an iPad Pro that has an RDP client application. This application is a render app similar (but way more sophisticated than) an Internet browser. While images need to be sent between the server & client (cached by the client) controls such as labels, textfields & textareas etc. are created by the client based on the properties sent by the server (not drawn on the screen from an image like with VNC). This is why RDP works so much better between any other device (yes Apple) & a Windows RDP server than screen sharing elsewhere.

The interesting thing is that MS don’t need to make this engine compliant it is a super browser that works for them.

Xojo could take the same approach and develop their own super browser which would be xplat, but not their style.

Michel did suggest using an HTMLViewer control to interface with a Web Application which would give you the ability to create a similar UI to UWP and if relevant gives you some advantages with regards to multi user access. However it does dumb your app to the HTML spec.

And on that subject it seems that cloud based apps are moving back to a device based UI experience so the inclusion of building Android apps will open a market for us all.